Miniature copper pot

This is actually made of copper. It’s a pipe end from Home Depot, I think 1/2 inch.

The bottom was quite rounded when purchased. We sanded the heck out of them (a vice and angle grinder would have been better, but I just work with what I’ve got). It’s still not sitting quite flat, but it’ll work for now.

The handles are the eye portion of a hook and eye set. The lid is two circles of foil-covered mat board - one a bit smaller than the other. Having the two sizes keeps the lid from sliding off the pot. And the lid handle is a silver bead.

And of course, it features a lot of super glue. LOL

22 Likes

I’m in awe at how tiny some of us are are to think, design, and then create!

1 Like

Thanks! I think it’s so fun!

Adorable. Love hearing about the process!

1 Like

Love it! So cute! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw the title and all I could think of was Chester Copperpot.
It’s so cute! What’s cooking?

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

@irid3sc3nt I thought of Chester Copperpot, too! Which made me think of One-Eyed Willie. And then I laughed because I’m a 12 year old boy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with this. :grin:

1 Like

This is so cool!! Your miniature skills are fantastic!

1 Like

OMG! So cute and wee! SO clever to give the lid a little bit of a lip to keep it in place.

1 Like

This is adorable. Are you going to place it in a bigger project? I can image a beautiful, busy kitchen scene.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

I’m not sure yet what its final resting place will be, but I’ll be sure to let you all know!

This is awesome!

1 Like

Love the ingenuity!

1 Like

Thank you, friends!

Copper pots! Whatever you’re up to, the kitchen’s gonna be gourmet.

Guess I’m a 12 year old boy too, lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

How did I miss this? What a genius idea, to make it from a copper pipe end.

1 Like

Thanks, guys!