Miniature house kit #14-i can't believe I've done this many!

It’s been ages since I have done one of these. They were my prop and mainstay during a lot of Covid. Especially during lockdowns and when my creativity was absent. But since life has gone back to normal I’ve been doing other things. However I did have two on my shelf unmade. So this is the work of the last few days.

It’s a sweet little kit, I’ve learned to avoid ones with too many plants-so much teensy cutting, and too many wire elements-constantly sticking them my fingers with super glue.

And with the lights off.

Clothes peg for scale, because I can’t find a Matchbox

I need some suggestions from you creative people about what to do with them, 14 little houses take up a lot of shelf room. I am thinking I could create people for them, with back stories. But there must be something more interesting I could add/do/display

14 Likes

It’s amazing!
And your 14th, wow!

Love it!

If you’re willing to part with any of them you could maybe find locations that would like to display them like a library or coffee shop. Especially if you could match the mini to some elements of the location.

In my house I would love to have almost hidden little scenes like this in random spots around the house (like as if the Borrowers or Littles had made homes in the back of a cupboard or high up on a seldom used shelf. Dusting them might be tricky, though.

1 Like

FOURTEEN!? Wow! This one does have a specific charm to it to my eye. Maybe as it’s a little sleeker in design style? It looks like an ad for AirBnB - homey and comfortable, but not overly stark.

My image of displaying them is a vertical/columnar floating shelf arrangement from near floor to near ceiling. But, OY, the dusting!

2 Likes

Well it’s not like they’re getting dusted at the moment. :grin:

2 Likes

Ooh, I love both of these ideas.

Whoa! Color me impressed. 14?!?!? This one is magnificent and honestly, I was impressed before I knew how small it was and then I saw the one with the clothespin in it and holy smokes! This is sooo tiny and magnificent.

1 Like

This looks like such a cozy little apartment! I didn’t realize just how small it is until that last picture with the clothespin. Holy moly, it’s tiny, which makes it even more impressive!

My impractical idea: Hide them inside your walls with tiny windows for peeking into them :laughing:

4 Likes

Ever since you started posting yours, I’ve wanted to do one but now I have no extra space for them. Guess I’ll just keep admiring yours.

That would be excellent, :joy: a tad impractical alright.

@Cindy they are fun to do and some of them are really small so they don’t take up much space.

1 Like

It is so wonderfully detailed and tiny!

I’ve taken your idea, although I’ve put them all between books in the library, they are safer there.

3 Likes