Miniature kit house #15 "mysterious world"

This kit has been on my shelf for ages, hard to believe it’s number 15. I’ve found that they occupy a certain niche in my brain. Ideal when I want to make something, but the crafty mojo is gone. They are also good if the world is driving you nuts (I made a lot during the Covid lockdowns) because they are quite mindful. I kept thinking I’m going to alter them, but generally I’m not in the frame of mind to do anything more than follow the instructions

They are mindful, because you really do have you focus, they are not particularly easy, they take a lot of concentration and are very fiddly, especially the smaller more complex ones, like this.

If you’re thinking of doing one, kits are getting better, and the better kits are a little more expensive. I buy mine from AliExpress. Robotime Rolife Puppe Haus DIY Geheimnisvolle Welt Haus mit Möbel Kinder Erwachsene Miniatur Puppenhaus Holz Kits Spielzeug Geschenke| | - AliExpress (I wish I got commission from them. Robotime is a good brand)

This is the latest, and it’s super cute. Ideal for Covid convalescence.

Lit up (I skipped one of the lights because it didn’t make sense)

And some of the detail.

The designers of these kits are really clever, the telescope is some wire, toothpick and beads and a bit of silver tape. But that bedside table gave me no end of hassle.

With the cover and top. I love the weathervane.

This is quite a small kit, here is matchbox and ruler for scale.

24 Likes

So incredible. It’s like a little borrowers paradise!

2 Likes

Thanks sweetie, do you still want the instruction books for these?

1 Like

Maybe I do, yes please!

1 Like

WOW! The whimsy of this little world makes it all the more delightful. I’m glad you had it at the ready for your convalescence.

3 Likes

There is nothing like a project that takes you out of your normal head space for a bit…glad you had it to help you over your COVID crap. So many tiny, tiny details…I love the weathervane and the little elephant ears in the garden!

Is that a tiny door in the brick?

3 Likes

So tiny! Not sure my clumsy fingers could cope. Well done!

2 Likes

Yes it is, I guess it’s a Hobbit hole to somewhere else. :grin:

2 Likes

Makes me think of the Weasleys’ spindly Burrow house in the Harry Potter books. Too cool!

2 Likes

Wow, that is really neat!!

2 Likes

This is so amazing my dear!

2 Likes

So many awesome details! I would so live here.

2 Likes

It would be a great place to go on holidays, retreat from the world and just read and watch the stars

3 Likes

I. LOVE. THIS!!! You did a beautiful job! Going to that link right now!!

2 Likes

Awesome, I have one that’s been sitting around for a few years, maybe one day :laughing:

1 Like

This one was sitting on the shelf for at least a year.

And I’ve ordered another one, it’s still only on preorder. But look at this!!

It’s just awesome! A carnival in a tv

4 Likes

That’s a fabulous one! My little companion has a summer bucket list item “go on a ferris wheel” and so I’m particularly taken with that part of this mini. Can’t wait to see your finished one!

3 Likes

You are either a bit “off” or passionate about these tiny worlds! Amazing…the ferris wheel in the tv is going to be epic!

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist, it could have been made for me :grin:

3 Likes

So cute! I have a miniature kit in my craft room to put together. It’s a Halloween one :jack_o_lantern::bat::ghost:

2 Likes