(taken at sunset, but shows the scale)
I am continuing making minis for a “bigger” miniature project, this time a wee old, dingy bathmat. I used a pattern from Night Spirit Studio (on Etsy) that includes 4 rugs and 8 (or is it 6?) pillows in miniature.
Because I wanted it for a bathmat, I wanted to go with a 20-22 count base vs. the 14 ct recommended for a throw rug. BUT there was nothing to be found locally except 14 count and this… 28ct even weave. Oh, my achin’ eyeballs!
There are wee tiny bats in the corners! And because this is so cussing tiny I made some rather major mistakes and a couple minor ones. I even used a magnifying light for every stitch.
Anyway, after the stitching was done, I tea stained it. Next, I cut it so that the long sides would fold under and the ends would have some fringe. After that I used a mix of Tacky Glue and water to make a stiffener to form it to lay flat, but with messy fringe.
I tried it pinned to foil covered foam board - which is what those little holes are from. They don’t show on the top unless you’re looking for them.
It’s about 1 3/8" wide x 1 5/8" long (not including fringe which is 2 1/8")
3.4cm x 4cm (5.3cm)