Miniature Outdoor Diarama Stand

The pieces I’m working on for it.

Ok, there is no way I can hide this before my wife gets off from work, heh heh heh!

It’s not perfectly square, but close enough. Also, I didn’t make the top pieces like I would have liked to, but I was just a bit too sore, and my tools really are not that precise. :man_shrugging:t5:

Meh, all in all, it’s going to be awesome. :smile: . Can’t wait for the kids to start making it up and my wife to do her own things to it.

13 Likes

It looks really well made! I am sure they will have a blast with it. And I like the shape.

1 Like

Well done! Looks very sturdy and I love that it is not a simple rectangle. Can’t wait to see it all decorated!

WOW! This is cool! I love that it’s L-shaped and so sturdy and durable. What kind of diorama(s) are going on this?

I’m making it so she can make whatever/whenever she wants. :smiley:

The bottom two rungs will be turned into shelves at a later date, as a place to store different kinds of miniatures so she can design & redesign & redesign whenever/however she wants.

since it’ll be placed on the porch by the door, which really isn’t a used space. it’s too small for a chair, when we have a window AC in, I can’t set my plants there during Spring and Summer…So she will walk past it coming in and out, and I bet it will function like a zen garden for her.

“the farmer needs a garden”
“The kids need a snowman”
a swing
a treehouse
whatever she wants. :grin:

The first theme that I’m having the kids work on is a winter scene. I have the kids on the hunt for sleds, trees, people, etc. and I have an idea for an iced over pond (with skaters if I can find some). I’m still on the fence what to do about snow, though. :thinking:. I’m going to try and fill a couple pots with dirt and set how flour and rice flour behave. I think 15 days might give me a good time frame. We won’t set it up til Christmas Eve.

3 Likes

What a thoughtful and fun gift project!

WTG my husband needs your drive!!

What a neat idea! So creative!

I can see this for many uses all year round! What a unique and thoughtful gift that the entire family can help out with…

I love your idea of a skating pond…you can use a thrifted mirror or get some of that shiney heavy duty contact paper at the Dollar Tree…so many possibilities…

Well done, considering that you were working while not feeling well…I admire your determination!

Oooh! I didn’t think of that. I was planning on some plastic and painting a little watered down elmers glue over it…I’ll be sure to check that out first.

I still need to find some tiny skaters…and hopefully a couple of mini people with coats…:no_mouth:. So far, those have been a little difficult to find around here. However, I may just stick with the scenery and let her add to it afterwards.

It’s been raining quite a bit the past two days, so not able to get to work on the deciduous trees (I’m going to use dried weeds, and trim them into tree shapes, spray paint them with that spray snow…But I’m getting ahead of myself…I still don’t have enough money to get anything else at the moment).

Started working on affixing wires to the figurines.

(I’ll add more info from my computer later…if I feel it needs it)

The steps for fixing the wire to the small trees.

20231219_133611

I use twister ties to keep the legs from being in the way as I glued the wire to the legs.

On the pieces that have a larger base I heated the wire with a torch and then press the wire into the piece.

And all the pieces I got done so far.

Oh yeah! :smiley: I don’t know how I’m going to do this but I’m definitely doing it.

That’ll work! :smiley:

And how I affixed the wire to the medium trees. ( The Hope here is the wider base will make them able to withstand the wind better)

cool ad-ons

Ok, looks like I’ll have to add images slowly…O_o. Heh, it’s just too big to do small images.

Ok, looks like I can’t upload any more images…Alrighty then, I put them at Miniature Diarama: Spring 2024 - Album on Imgur Just note, all files are pretty large, :no_mouth:, so might take a while to load.

Oh my goodness, I would have LOVED to have this as a kid. Heck, I’d love to have it now! :heart_eyes: What a cool project!

1 Like

The little stepping stones! So many details! You both did a good job making this lovely scene possible!

Did you make the little twig arbor on the right? And the bridge over the stream?

I made the arbor, but not the bridge. Hopefully I’ll get a lot more made, but will have to wait til after my next doctor appt. So dizzy and tired. Oof!

1 Like