Mirror etching-wedding style!

My son is getting married next month and his fiancé asked me to etch a mirror that they could display at the wedding and hang in their home afterward. Cutting such large stencils was tricky but doable.
There is a little bit of bleed from the etching cream but overall I’m very pleased.

In progress shots

Etching cream used

The directions say to let it set 3-5 minutes but after some online research I let it cure for 30 minutes before I wiped it clean.

18 Likes

What a unique project! Congrats to your family…how exciting to have a wedding right before all the big holidays! Are you doing more things for the wedding?

3 Likes

Actually—yes!!! I made these coasters to commemorate the date and these glass toppers so their drink doesn’t get bussed away by the servers

16 Likes

AAAAAAmazing! That mirror if going to be so cool at the celebration and especially at their home. I love their fun choice of date & time, too. What a fun couple!

The coasters and covers are so cool too!

CONGRATULATIONS!

3 Likes

They’re both math nerds, can you tell?
(That wasn’t a dig! I’m super proud of both of them!)

4 Likes

You can tell we’re… a certain age… because we feel like we need to make sure each other knows that we’re not using “nerd” as an insult! :rofl: So glad your kiddo has found his common denominator! :wink:

6 Likes

What great projects! Love the mirror, and the coasters & drink covers are both cute and functional. Pretty font, too. Congrats to them, and kudos to you!

3 Likes

These are so cool! Love the date and time, too! I’ve never seen Paityn spelled like that before; so pretty!

2 Likes

These came out perfect! The drink cover is such a clever idea. Congrats to you and your fam! Exciting!

2 Likes

stunning!
and your yarn cubbies make my heart go pitter-pat :smiley:

2 Likes

The mirror is gorgeous! And the coasters and glass toppers are excellent ideas for a reception!!

2 Likes

Wow. I am impressed!

2 Likes

What a fun idea! This will be such a nice piece for the wall of their home!

Their wedding date is 11 years and 1 day after my own :blush:. My husband and I like to text each other I love yous and other sweet sentiments at 11:11. It looks like they’ll have their own special time of each day!

You did such a good job lining up alI those stencil pieces! I always run into bleeding outside of stencils too. If you have any future projects where you want to get a clean etched look, there’s a frosted vinyl that gives the exact look of etched glass (I used some to add a phrase to our bathroom mirror and it’s been going strong for years).

2 Likes

What an absolutely stunning keepsake! Congrats!

2 Likes

Say what??? GAME CHANGER! thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

This is super cool, just like their wedding date/time! The drink toppers are neat too. I have never seen that. Great idea!

1 Like

:jack_o_lantern: :spider_web: :vampire: Congratulations! This ghoul-tastic project is featured this week! :vampire: :spider_web: :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes