Mitts with stripes

I made these mitts last year. It’s the second time I’ve used this free pattern, it’s one of my favourites.

One feature I like is that instead of fiddling with jogging the stripes, the designer makes a feature contrast “seam” up the side - really easy and looks cool. You can see it better in the pics on the pattern page on ravelry.

Bisontine fingerless mitts

It’s also a good pattern for using up favourite scraps - I did a contrast bind off on the thumb, and other projects add contrast cuffs which look great. You can mix it up in all sorts of ways!

21 Likes

Very pretty, and they look very cozy as well! Love the colors!

1 Like

Nice! I’ve always been a fan of striped accessories. I also like the contrast seam up the side. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the seam and the icord binding…nice touch of color…

1 Like

Ahh, I’ve been trying to think of what my next knitting project would be, and this might be it! Love how yours turned out :heart:

1 Like

Oh! Very nice!

1 Like

I love the yarn you chose and the length of these is nice, too. Nice work!

1 Like

I think it is a great pattern - I would recommend it, and I’d love to see what you do with it!

1 Like

Oh these are wonderful! I really should learn to knit…

1 Like

I’m crossing my fingers. I’m still a newbie knitter so this will be a new challenge.

1 Like

They turned out great. I love fingerless mitts for driving.

1 Like

Your stripey mitts look lovely!

1 Like

They are very pretty and some of my favorite colors! They look very comfy.

1 Like

Lovely mitts. They look soft and comfy.

1 Like

These are gorgeous and they look so comfy! I absolutely adore the colors you picked, too!!

1 Like

Lovely! I really like the contrast bind-off on the thumb, and the kettle-dyed look of the purple yarn is to die for.

1 Like

I love when knitters will throw in a contrast color, or just be wild and make things uneven. Stop buying more just for a little smudge! they look so much more unique!

that looks like a lot of ends to weave in, though…

1 Like

Love the colors you chose - great job!

1 Like

Ooh! I love 'em! Beautiful colors & love the stripes!

1 Like

These came out so beautiful. I love the color palette.

1 Like