Mixed Media Painted Pins

My mom gave me a bunch of promotional pins from her work that I knew I could paint over and play with. On a recent crafternoon with friends, I found myself without a project, so I decided to pull out the paint supplies and see what happened.

I made this batch all at the same time while chatting. I still had a few pins left, so in my spare moments lately I’ve been sitting down and seeing what inspiration strikes.

For these three I started with a black background. I really love the way the flower came out.

And these three were an experiment with water colors. The middle one got smooshed a little when I did the mod podge layer, but I was more careful with the other two. They’re ok. Probably not the best application for these types of paints! :sweat_smile:

I have four more blank canvases staring at me…we’ll see what they turn into. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

23 Likes

What a cool way to put corporate pins to use!

1 Like

Cool idea, cool execution. These are cool :sunglasses:.

1 Like

What a great idea with such a wondeful result!

1 Like

These are fabulous!

1 Like

This is such a cool idea! Love them.

1 Like

Great idea, they look really nice!

1 Like

These are fun, beautiful and a great reuse idea!

1 Like

What a great idea! A fun way to wear mixed media :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks all! :blush:

These are very cool and creative. I love the first set because they are so vivid and bright!

2 Likes

Very clever! I don’t think I can choose a favorite! And I’m picturing new ways to abandon positive artsy things now!!

2 Likes

I love this!

1 Like

:tada: Wheeeeeee doggies! :hotdog: Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

Thank yooouuu!! :smile:

1 Like

These pins are so gorgeous!

1 Like

These are great!

1 Like

What a great idea. They look awesome!

1 Like

These look great! Fabulous way to make the pins wearable!

1 Like