Mojo necklace bag for Imbolc

My lovely partner in the Imbolc swap listed “jewelry” on her questionnaire and also “functional items” so I thought of making a dual purpose necklace for her.

This mojo pouch is small enough to be purely decorative but large enough to carry a stone, a key, a note, even a stick of lipbalm or a small tin of mints.

To honour the season, I chose fabric that represents the conifers that stay green throughout the year as a reminder that the earth still holds life through the long, cold winter. Inside is a piece of shibori that I hand dyed with a group of other crafters and have been making a point of using for special projects. I embroidered a rising sun on that as a reminder that the light is coming, even if we can’t quite see it all the time.

The acorn is a nod to the traditional priapic wand, a symbol of… erm, “fertility” :blush:.

17 Likes

It’s really pretty and I love how it can be functional in so many ways.

1 Like

I love the secret sunrise and wee acorn!

:metal:

1 Like

Really thoughtful and just beautiful.

1 Like

I love the sunrise. Love love love! And the subtle pine trees are pretty great, too. :green_heart:

1 Like

How pretty! I appreciate all the thought that went into the small details of this piece.

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the hidden light. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, it is very pretty.

1 Like

Love the hidden light.

1 Like

What a lovely and meaningful piece!

1 Like

What a beautiful piece. I smiled as I scrolled to the 2nd picture revealing the pop of color. The sun as the inner light really resonates with me. I feel inspired to create a beading project that brings that same feeling to the table. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you all very much. I really enjoyed planning and making this piece :slight_smile:.