Molded dragon cake

This dragon cake was made for a scout cake auction last year. It was a hit!

It’s gingerbread cake in a dragon mold (I certainly can’t carve like that!), with orange glaze, then painted with gel food coloring.

24 Likes

Nice! I especially love the dragon eggs! They’re so pretty!

1 Like

That is so cool!

1 Like

Neat! The eggs are so pretty!

1 Like

Gingerbread cake sounds yummy! Cool design.

1 Like

Okay I am now off to search for dragon cake moulds. This is so cool! Even DS1 is looking over my shoulder and admiring it - he who does not remark about anything crafty lol

2 Likes

This one came from Thinkgeek, and I think is gone, but I’m sure it’s somewhere! Or something similar!

It was a little time consuming waiting for layers to dry, but otherwise not hard. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

You are right about the pan no longer being readily available. There is one being sold on ebay but rather pricey. DS1 has ventured back and forth behind my chair, admiring your cake, so I know he is interested. He is a Throney with an interest in Medieval history/arts (he is taking a Medieval HIST course in college this term!). This will give me something to search for, for his birthday cake!

Very cool cake!

1 Like

Nifty! I’ve never seen a dragon cake mold…this is fab!

1 Like

@Jeanne check and see if there is a lending library for cake pans in your area. It’s like a tool lending library but it has all decorative cake pans.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s genius. I don’t know that I’ve heard of a cake pan lending library, but it makes total sense. I have a half dozen I’ll never use again, but I can’t bring myself to throw them out.

2 Likes

I want to show this to my daughter because she’s dragon-obsessed, but then she’ll probably want me to make one! Good thing the pan is unavailable. :wink: This is really cool! Have you made cakes like this before, with the glaze and all that?

2 Likes

Brilliant idea, thanks! Even if a rental, this would be a great service.

Whoa! Soo cool!

1 Like

Sort of. I had done something closer to the size of a dinner roll, but never anything this big. The size didn’t really make it harder, it just took longer.

2 Likes

WOWZERS! Super cool!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love what you did with the eggs.

1 Like

This fab dragon cake has been picked as one of this week’s featured projects. Thank you for being an awesome part of LettuceCraft. Way to rock it!

2 Likes