Monochromatic Night Scene Watercolor

While I was waiting for for some other watercolors to dry, I pulled up another tutorial to practice. This one only uses one color (plus a little white acrylic for the stars). The trees were so meditative.

20 Likes

I’m in love! The atmosphere is so dreamy and calming. Gorgeous!

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Very beautiful!

2 Likes

Very nice! You really are doing well with your lessons…the scene is very peaceful!

2 Likes

Thank you! I got a rare moment of quiet in which to paint, so it was very relaxing.

3 Likes

Lovely! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is making me even more excited for clear summer nights here in the forest.

2 Likes

Wow! I love seeing your paintings! This is so relaxing and tranquil. It’s amazing that this was all done with a single color, I never would have guessed that!

2 Likes

That is SO gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you!

@TheMistressT - I’m so jealous! We get so much light pollution here from the city. Even on clear nights with no moon, you just can’t see enough stars.

@AudiobookLover - I love these paints. They have a permanent pigment in them, so once they’re dry, they won’t lift off when wetted again…makes it really easy to just layer up the color like crazy.

2 Likes

Love love love those pines!!

2 Likes

Your watercolor paintings are beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you!

My neighbor’s gorgeous pine trees are pretty much all I see out of my front window…feels a bit like cheating. :joy:

1 Like

We have definitely noticed a increase in light pollution/decrease in visible stars over the years we’ve been here. :cry: While our neighbors are not super near, one has a ridiculous number of BRIGHT outdoor lights and it’s really made a difference.

2 Likes

Boo. Neighbors are nice to have, until they’re not.

1 Like

These particular neighbors are not nice to have in any way, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Beautiful! How big is it?

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s 3.75" x 5".

2 Likes

This is absolutely beautiful.

2 Likes