Monster cupcakes

My daughter wanted to make herself a Bundt cake for her birthday because Bundt cakes look like giant donuts. Great…what does that have to do with monster cupcakes? Well, we were planning to celebrate with just the 4 of us at home. Plenty of cake to go around. But two days before her birthday, no fewer than 8 family members informed us that they would be visiting to celebrate her birthday. That’s 12 people for one cake. My daughter didn’t want her entire Bundt cake devoured by family, so I made these cupcakes to go with it. She asked me to pipe dragon scales on top, but they turned out looking like cute fuzzy monsters. She was not upset, we have decided they must be monstrously good cupcakes! They are chocolate cupcakes with raspberry frosting (I use a confectioners icing recipe and add freeze dried raspberry powder, it’s delicious).

Also, monster cupcakes in March mean I can join in the March Monster Jam, woohoo!

21 Likes

So fun, and they sound delicious, too. Happy birthday to your daughter!

2 Likes

Raspberry and chocolate is always a winner in my book! Yummy!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, those FACES! Ahhhh, the best :laughing:

1 Like

So cute & fun!

1 Like

Super cute!

1 Like

they are adorable, and how resourceful of you to serve the extra family members a sweet treat!
the raspberry & chocolate sounds fabulous!

1 Like

Too sweet to eat.
Just kidding. Count on 13 being there.

1 Like

What a great family story and super cute cupcakes to go with! I hope you daughter’s birthday was super fun.

1 Like

Freeze dried fruit powder- don’t be giving away the secret. Oh wait, it’s ok to do that here. I highly encourage using it. It is a really good addition.

1 Like

SOOOOO adorable! And I’m sure they were delicious too.

1 Like

Your piping work makes these guys so expressive with the eyes! I love them!

1 Like

Oh, these are really cute! I may have to steal this idea in the future.

And freeze dried fruit powder???!?! :exploding_head:

MUST try that!

1 Like

These look adorable and tasty. They remind me of Muppets!

I am going to link your thread to Monster Jam so you can get the badge!

1 Like

These are amazing! Very cute idea!

1 Like

:tada: :tada: :troll: :troll:Congratulations! Your scrumptious cupcakes, and amazing addition to Monster Jam, is a Featured Project! :troll: :troll: :tada: :tada:

1 Like

Thank you everyone!

These look yummy!
The guy with the side eye is killin me. :laughing:

1 Like