Monster Magnets

For the recent magnet swap, I created two watercolor magnets. I found a set of round canvas magnets at Michael’s but when I tried painting on them with acrylics I HATED the texture and results. So I used them as a template for my fave watercolor paper and whipped up a couple monster magnets by gluing the paper over the canvas magnet.

I made this little fuzzball for @gozer. His name is Grumblegut and he likes eating dust bunnies, the toes off socks, and earwax. He also does aerial acrobatics and plays dodgeball on Fridays.

@jeanneleigh has a whole pinterest board devoted to snark (which makes her extra awesome) and she had this saying pinned. It made me giggle so much, I had to use it. And thus teeny little Beetlebreath was born. His name says it all and his favorite pastimes are letting the air of tires and making the low battery warning on smoke detectors beep at 1 am.

11 Likes

Grumblegut’s expression and little toes are just perfection. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Beetlebreath’s name is so suitable. I knew he was the one behind the smoke detector situation. I just knew it.

2 Likes

Hee, thanks! Beetlebreath got me with the smoke detectors last week. Tricksy little thing.

2 Likes

They are both fantastic and I’m so glad Beetlebreath ended up with me!

2 Likes

Thank you! You were a blast to craft for!

2 Likes

Grumblegut is guarding my gridge right now! I love him and his little story. The textures and expression are fantastic. Thank you so much for my new little friend.

2 Likes

I love these so much! The backstories are wonderful, as are the names, but the paintings are the real stars!

1 Like

I’m so glad you liked him. I didn’t quite know how he’d look when I started sketching him, but his cute little face and bat ears were the first things on the page.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Super cute magnets!

1 Like

Oh my! I LOVE THEM!!

1 Like

Thanks!

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m in love! The detail you got is just stunning!!!

1 Like

Hugs for you and jeanneleigh for sharing your talent and your sense of HUMOR.

LOVE IT

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks!