Monster Quartet

When @Gozer ended up with 50 4x4" wooden squares and didn’t know what to do with them, she offered to send some to me! I couldn’t decide what to do with them and finally ended up woodburning and then painting them using pearlescent liquid acrylics. It took me back to my roots with my monsters. A set of woodburned monsters on circles for the Sweat Shop Swap on the old site were the first monsters I ever created!

Here is the grouping all hung on my craft room wall:

And some close ups of their sweet little faces:

I actually made 5 total and the fifth went to @Magpie in the Use What You Have Swap. He seems lonely without his pals, but I’m sure he’s made himself part of their family. :slight_smile:

Did you see what Gozer made with hers? Her goldfish are stunning!

28 Likes

I love your monsters so much. That paint is incredible. It has so much depth and shimmer. I am a fan of shimmer! The brown/gold one is my favorite. The color is incredible. I am jealous that you wood burned yours. I was too chicken. I’m scared I am going to burn myself, my cats, or my house down. I also like them as a set of four. They look great displayed that way.
Oh, the blue one at the bottom, his little expression and teeth kill me. Your monsters always have so much life and personality. Love them!

3 Likes

Perfection! I love your monsters

2 Likes

These are great. I love the orange guy with the crooked teeth. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi guys! They look like they’re have a great time catching up after being away (quarantined?) for a long time. Love 'em!

2 Likes

I love your monsters so much! They’re so happy!

2 Likes

Your monsters are the cutest! I love these guys! And that paint is swoon-worthy!

And that blue guy with the scaly chest patch cracks me up!

2 Likes

I love your little monsters! They are so stinking cute.

2 Likes

They are each their own sort of delightful!

2 Likes

I :heart::heart: Kwality Monsters, always have and always will.

2 Likes

Love these. The green one is instinctively my favorite, but I can’t pinpoint why.

2 Likes

The pearlescent paints are just fantastic here! And I’ve never met a Kwality Monster I didn’t love! Epic!

3 Likes

All the monsters are really cute! Very cool!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for all of the kindness! It’s always fun watching them come to life with paint. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic! I love them all, but I think I have a special soft spot for the teal guy on the bottom right :smile:

2 Likes