Monster Swap 2024 Gallery

What a good start to the gallery!!!

@lynx I love that little sock monster! Was it your first time working with socks?

@Bunny1kenobi Cute pillow monster! I LOVE the colors together. It’s a great combination.

@tapestry Those notecards are great but your little monster artwork takes center stage! Wowzers. It’s so absolutely amazing. Is it watercolor?

6 Likes

@Tapestry I love that little monster. I especially love how you did your linework, or lack of linework in the background, to focus the eye on the central character. The fading of the forest is amazing.

2 Likes

Thank you! Both the notecards and monster are watercolor. It’s my favorite medium.

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Ack! That ATC is so stinking cute!!

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s actually a 4x6. I’m not sure I could have squeezed as much detail into an ATC. I really love the 4x6 format because it’s the perfect size - not so small I get caught up in trying to fit everything in and not so large I feel overwhelmed.

6 Likes

Oooh, even better!

3 Likes

Such cute monsters already!!! I love these so far.

4 Likes

Thanks, yes! We donated to the VFW for Christmas the past few years. They send me socks and I wanted to find fun uses for them, and this swap was the perfect start! I started one for me, too.

3 Likes

Thank you!

@tapestry I love all your creations! The notecards are so cute - minimalistic but you still know exactly who they’re supposed to be! And the monster in the woods is super - I love all the shading on the trees and monster and the misty woods background :star_struck:- really nice painting!
The stickers are super cute too - “live laugh lurk” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! I"ve been on a watercolor kick lately.

2 Likes

Here is my adorable monster from @GeekyBookworm :star_struck: He is fully recovered from his travel-induced injury and ready to model! :cherry_blossom:

He’s so fluffy! His big eyes and asymmetrical-toothed grin are so positive and cheerful. And look, he’s a planter!

He has been dubbed Murgatroyd and is telling me he is supposed to have hair. :grin: I don’t currently have a little succulent that’s the right size for him, but you can bet I’ll be getting one soon! Or maybe an air plant. :potted_plant::two_hearts:

I also love the beautiful art card she sent with a very encouraging note welcoming me back to swapping, which was so kind and thoughtful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much, GeekyBookworm! :hibiscus:

10 Likes

So cute! Very cookie monster-esque. Glad he has recovered from his injury.

4 Likes

He’s so cute and eagar to chomp his way through life.

2 Likes

I’m glad you like him! I still have bits of fuzz in my room from him! Fake plants would probably be better than real ones because of the model magic and the fuzz could get ruined.

2 Likes

I received from @Kwality570 in a rain storm and what a fun package!

The pouch is now my most favorite pouch and well protected with a happy monster. And there were monster greeting cards and a precious fridge magnet.

Thank you so much.

11 Likes

I really love the monster you sent geekybookworm and how cool is a kwality monster on a pouch!

3 Likes

Gah that pouch is SO COOL!

2 Likes

I received the cutest little dip from @marionberries

They even came in their own little habitat!

Check out the horn detail!!!

13 Likes