Monster Swap 2024 Gallery

@Kwality570 lovely monsters! But that magnet is just the absolute cutest!

1 Like

OMG! Everything is so kawaii!!! Love seeing my friends are still crafting away!

2 Likes

All these monsters are so amazing :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I know they will be happy with you, @Kwality570 . So many monsters to play with!

1 Like

@Geekybookworm – The monster looks very happy. I’m glad they recovered from their injuries. He was quite rambunctious! Did you call him a planter? If it can’t hold water, you could call it a trinket bowl/cup. That way no one accidentally adds water and ruins it.

@Kwality570 – I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pouch. It is so cool! I love how scrappy and textural it is and all the details (the striped on the horns!). Not to mention, I am a huge fan of your monsters. They always make me smile and bring joy to any gallery. Love your notecards. I have that same set. I am too greedy to send them most of the time. And that magnet! The little hand extending past the frame is phenomenal! Way to go the extra mile. I also love that expression.

@Marionberries – Oh my goodness! I remember these cuties! I love this style of monster. You add some much unique detail and personality to them. Did you add the little black dots on the fabric? And the horn details. You can tell you loved making these and we love seeing them! Clever and cute to create a habitat too!

3 Likes

Yes, the fabric is painted and I did add the dots. These monsters just beg to come out every now and then. The horns are always fun to make and often pick up bits of leftover polymer clay…I over baked them (accidentally) to get the toasted tip look. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

It may sound weird, but I love those black dots and their placement.

1 Like

It’s been a busy time for me, so I’m just getting around to posting about all of the lovely things in this gallery so far!

@lynx I LOVE this little guy. I’m sure he’s soft and squishy and will be great for @Bunny1kenobi’s grandchildren to play with when they visit her! His/her expression just slays me! I love it.

@Bunny1kenobi This pillow monster looks so cuddly and soft! Those teeth look menacing, but the smile definitely balances it out. Is it all fleece? I know that’s difficult to work with because it stretches out like crazy when sewing.

@Tapestry The monster artwork you made is AMAZING! I love the trunk/nose and crazy hands. What a lovely and atmospheric piece! The cards are adorable too!

@GeekyBookworm That little monster container is a clever idea. What were the dimensions? I love the fluff. Is it fun fur yarn you wrapped around it?

5 Likes

Okay, this right here is one of THE. BEST. galleries on LC! I’m thoroughly blown away by all of the amazing monsters!

@GeekyBookworm that little fuzzy dude is so dang cute! I love how he has 2 teeth on one side and one on the other.

@Kwality570 my heart stuttered a little when I saw that scrappy little Kwality monster on a pouch. Yep, that would be MY favorite pouch, too. I also noticed the little hand extending off the edge of the magnet… PERFECT touch! The cards are so cute! Who wouldn’t want a set of those? And to answer your question, yes my monster is 100% cuddly fleece.

@marionberries I’m so glad you brought these cuties back! I love the stripes and spots and horns and mis-matchy, wonky (literally the PERFECT amount of wonky!) look they have! And the habitat is such a fun touch.

@Tapestry your watercolor game is Strong! Those notecards are super cute! And the monster you designed for your artwork is so original and clever and beautifully rendered.

@Lynx your little sock guy is so fun! My grandkids (who will be visiting soon) will love those suction cups! That lil dude is gonna get stuck to everything!! I also appreciate that you took extra care with things like the eyes. Very thoughtful way to prevent choking hazards!

6 Likes

I received from @gozer today and I am so impressed- it is fantastic!!
To start- the best return address label I’ve seen:

2 super cute magnets:

A handmade monster coloring book:

And the main event:

I wish you could see the detail of the free-motion stitching on this guy - it’s fantastic- and the brick background fabric is my favorite shade of green : ) He’s being so gentle with his little birdie friend (unless he’s getting ready to chomp it -but I don’t think he is)! I’ll have to think on just the right name for him. The tote is lined with a lovely complementary colored fabric and has an interior pocket; all the stitching and seams are so precise and perfect. I can’t wait to use it and brag on it to everyone I see!
Thanks so very much @gozer!!

10 Likes

I am so glad you like it. That is my favorite green too! That fabric has been in my stash forever just waiting for the perfect project. The magnets were just an extra I had sitting around. They obviously have nothing to do with monsters, LOL!
So glad you like it!

3 Likes

@jeanneleigh what a fun package. I want to come over and color monsters with you and all of us. The tote is adorable. I love how all oue monsters are cute and friendly. Perfect for LC.

2 Likes

@Kwality570 I don’t know the dimensions. I got inspiration when I saw a water bottle lying on the ground in my room and thought that I could wrap model magic around it to make a little cup/planter shape. I just went up until I thought it was tall enough.

For the fur, it is actually a feather boa. I had to cut a lot of the fuzz off so that the face could be seen more clearly. There is still some fuzz flying about my room occasionally :sweat_smile:

@gozer I called it planter because that was what I first thought of when I saw it (when I was taking photos of him, I did put pencils/pens in him but didn’t cross my mind that I shouldn’t call it a planter) but I suppose trinket bowl/or cup would make more sense.

@Bunny1kenobi Thanks!

3 Likes

THAT TOTE IS TOO CUTE!!! (Grabby, grabby hands….)

And I need a monster coloring zine. In fact… I think we all need coloring books with LC monsters in ‘em. :grin:

4 Likes

I love the tote and the monster coloring book! So cute!

2 Likes

I received the cutest envelope from @LindyBlues today! It was made from a FRIENDS picture and filled with monster-y goodness!

I haven’t quite decided on names yet, but LindyBlues assures me the two monsters are fast friends! Thank you for the lovely art and bonus stickers!

8 Likes

Those monsters look like the life of the party @LindyBlues !

I received from @jeanneleigh . The tracking said yesterday, but it wasnt delivered. I was getting nervous, but when i got home it was waiting for me! I’m so glad it didnt get lost because i love it!
She send me a super fun notebook with my favorite monsters on it.
The idea is they all got together for a biryhday party and these are some of the Polaroids. How clever is that?!
She also included a dino magnet that i have been coveting. The glaze is amazing!

And s close up shot.

Thank you so much! I absolutely love it!

8 Likes

Awesome idea for a notebook and the execution is stunning. Such cute monsters (and a cute dinosaur who looks like he wants to attend the party too!).

4 Likes

@jeanneleigh that notebook is absolutely amazing!!! I love the theme. Such a cute idea!!!

@LindyBlues I love the multi-eyed monster! :eye:

4 Likes

Glad it got there safely and you like it! :blush:

3 Likes