Moon and star vest

This is a pattern by The Weaving Witch on ravelry, called the Luna Vest.

It’s funny that i never really noticed or even thought of texture in fabric unless it was immediately apparent, like silky or stiff clothing, or corduroy. I’ve knitted with a lot of acrylic yarn in the last (almost) 20 years, and can’t really remember ever hating the feel of the yarn. I recently began crocheting, and this is the first actual finished object that I’ve crocheted, besides a few granny squares and such (I do however have like 4 other projects going cuz ADHD yay).
I posted a mid project question here a while back, because as i was working with the yarn, i started to notice that sort of plastic feeling I’ve read about before. This is caron yarn, from one of the really big skeins. I was assured that just a simple wash and dry would soften it up and sure enough, it’s quite soft. I made it for my sister who had spinal surgery earlier this year. Thanks to everyone who helped me figure that out.

16 Likes

It turned out lovely! What a fun design. Thanks for the pattern link as well…looks like a fun and satisfying make! Glad you were able to make something for your sister that would not hurt her when wearing…light and cheery!

Acrylic yarns often get a bad rap, but the main reason I like using it is because it is super durable and washable. I make a lot of baby blankets and afghans for charity that have to take a lot of “abuse”. Yes, I agree…it does get softer with use and washing!

2 Likes

Such a cool pattern and execution! Love the color choices.

2 Likes

I like the shape of this!

2 Likes

I love how unique this is! Great color choice, and the detail on the back is awesome.

2 Likes

:crescent_moon: :star: :crescent_moon: Congrats! Your lovely project is featured this week! :star: :crescent_moon: :star:

2 Likes

Are you addicted to crochet already? It is fun, right?
Loevely colour and fun shape. What a lovely gift cor you sister.

1 Like