Moon face sign that glows

Inspired by an old Halloween decoration I saw in a magazine as a kid I wanted to make a large moon face. Just over 20" I painted a thin wood round in homemade white chalk paint. I then added aqua glow in the dark paint ( I underestimated how much paint it would take & ran out hence the streakiness) I used paint markers for the face & craters. I haven’t decided if I want to distress it or not. It is hanging above my mantel. I had hoped to get it done before Halloween, but I think it can stay up anyway.

21 Likes

I actually quite like the streaky effect! I don’t think I’d have known it was unintentional, because it looks really cool.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely perfect! I also like the streaky effect

1 Like

I third the streakiness… it might have been unintentional, but gives it a great look!

1 Like

oh, you are all the best. You all sure made me feel better about the streakiness. Thank you!

You say streaky, I say textured.
Great expression!

1 Like

Ooooh, I love the vintage look of the face. I’ll chime in with everyone else, saying that the streakiness actually just contributes to the vintage vibe.

1 Like

So dang cool!

1 Like

Oh wow! Love this! It is so fab!

1 Like

I love the streaks its like a happy accident I’d keep it that way

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

So many comments about how cool the streakiness is! The first thing that crossed my mind when I read what you said about that, was what everyone else said! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Great minds think alike!

Your moon is awesome!

1 Like

:eyes: Well, lookie here! :eyes: Your amazing craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rainbow:

1 Like

wow, thank you!

That looks so great. Honestly, the “streakiness” makes the project in my opinion. I don’t believe it would be as interesting without that accidental element. Great job with the face too, such personality!

1 Like