Moon quote watercolour

I got to swap with the wonderful @Magpie in the recent Quote Me On That Swap :smile_cat: She said she would like a painting, and provided me with a lovely quote to work with.

Magpie took some nice closeups that show the colour palette really well โ€ฆ

I started out with a vague idea, and the images and placement of the words evolved as I went along. It was a really enjoyable process. I mainly used Daniel Smith watercolours, I really like their Lunar Violet, which is the dark grey/violet over most of the top half of the painting. It was a lot of fun to paint!

27 Likes

Itโ€™s so completely wonderful, I love it so much.

2 Likes

Oh wow, this is a special piece. The painting goes so wonderfully with the quote. Really, well done!

3 Likes

What a wonderful quote, and so beautifully rendered! Love the swaths of different colors, and the mystical feel of the whole thing.

2 Likes

beautiful! The whole thing is awesome but I love that stripe with all the moon phases.

2 Likes

I love this! Itโ€™s perfect every way you look at it.

3 Likes

:green_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: Congratulations! Your amazing work is one of this weekโ€™s featured projects! :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :green_heart:

3 Likes

Your beautiful painting really frames that wonderful quote.

3 Likes

This is just stunning. I love the way it transitions from spacy to earthy. The showcase of the phases is wonderful and the way the lettering fits is just perfection. Lovely work!!

3 Likes

What a beautiful composition. I especially love the moon phase ribbon and the wedge of trees! LOVELY!

2 Likes

This is really beautiful. Did you mask off the moon circle? Itโ€™s so pristine. I like how you did your lettering and the color palette and itโ€™s just so pretty!

2 Likes

Love everything about this. The lettering is incredible, the layout is fantastic, and the colors are perfection!

2 Likes

Thank you friends for the lovely comments! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

no, i just traced around a small plate. But I did have to paint very slowly and carefully, and allow lots of drying time between different sections. Masking might have been quicker though, I might try that next time!

4 Likes

Oh wow, it looks so crisp!

2 Likes

Simply stunning!
:heart:

2 Likes

So many different and cohesive details!

2 Likes

How. Did. I. Miss. This?

Oh my goodness itโ€™s breathtaking! You ALWAYS inspire me with your art, @jemimah! :heart::heart:

3 Likes

This is lovely! I really love the colors you chose for this one @jemimah The phases of the moon was also a clever addition.

Thanks everybody!

And welcome to Lettuce Craft @Manders, itโ€™s fantastic that you found this place after the old website shut down!

2 Likes

Thsnks Jemimah!
One of the moderators is local to me and told a friend of mine, who told me about it. I was happy she did! I really loved craft swaps, though I stopped for quite awhile. (explaining why I had no idea the old website shut down.)
Glad to be here!

5 Likes