Moon watercolor

I painted this watercolor moon for @Kwality570 in the IYP swap. It was from a book that I got for Christmas and I’m so happy with how it turned out. I’m especially happy with how the glow around the moon turned out (I spent to much time getting that just right). I loved the finished piece so much that I’ve had it up on my wall for weeks while waiting to be sent so I could enjoy it :smiley:

27 Likes

The moon glow is wonderful!

3 Likes

WOW! I love the reflection on the water!

2 Likes

The glow of the moon and the water are wonderful! Did you use shimmery paint?

2 Likes

No shimmery paint, the entire piece is done in indigo with a little bit of Bleed Proof white in the water to help boost the reflections. The glow around the moon is the white of the paper.

3 Likes

This is beautiful!

2 Likes

Wow! That is even more impressive that you used the white space like that!

4 Likes

So gorgeous and atmospheric! I haven’t mastered using the white space of the paper yet in watercolor so I really appreciate the technical aspects of this piece!

2 Likes

Stunning! If you hadn’t told us that you water colored it, I would swear it was a photo.

2 Likes

Lovely!

2 Likes

I agree that moon glow is awesome and impressive it’s the paper peeking through! The reflection and the little branches on the left are my second favorite part.

3 Likes

Amazing!! You do beautiful work!!

2 Likes

SO IMPRESSIVE! You should be proud. It looks amazing. The use of the white paper is incredible. I have always been too intimidated to try that. Gorgeous!

1 Like

it’s so beautiful!

2 Likes

Absolutely lovely.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Your beautiful artwork is a Featured Project! :tada::tada: :full_moon: :last_quarter_moon: :waning_crescent_moon: :first_quarter_moon: :waxing_gibbous_moon: :new_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

Oooh I love it!! :orange_heart:

1 Like

Fabulous, just such a beauty

1 Like