Moonbeam Cabled Baby Blanket

My niece is having a little boy next month and I stitched this up for her. I’ll give it to her tomorrow at her shower.

The pattern is the Moonbeam Cable Braided Blanket and it was a great pattern. It came with a diagram, which was very helpful. The only place I ran into some trouble was the border. Without a stitch count for the sides, my first attempt was more than a bit tight, but I just increased the stitches by 50% and that evened it out nicely.

I used 20.5 balls of Bernat Softee Chunky yarn in Seagreen, about 2200 yards.

This is a better representation of color:

18 Likes

It’s beautiful! You did such a marvelous job keeping those front post stitches neat (I tend to make them too tight so they don’t always lay flat), and the color is gorgeous! I have the pattern bookmarked, so thanks for the tip on the border.

How big did it end up being?

1 Like

Thank you! It ended up being almost square, 45"w x 46"h. The designer uses extended stitches for the cables, so they’re taller than traditional double and treble stitches. It really helps everything feel even.

2 Likes

That’s a decent size! And thanks for letting me know that about the stitches. It makes me more likely to try it!

1 Like

What a precious gift! Your niece and soon to be great-nephew are very lucky indeed!!

1 Like

What a lovely gift for a new baby! I love the different stitches, this is beautiful!

1 Like

This is gorgeous! It will be loved and treasured :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just stunning…it just looks so intricate and yet so sturdy at the same time…perfect baby blanket…

1 Like

What a gorgeous gift! You make knitting cables look so easy!

1 Like

Stunning! You make me want to try out cables myself.

1 Like

That is spectacular! I bet the baby is going to love scrunching his fingers into all that texture.

1 Like

That turned out so beautiful! All of that cabling will make it soo cozy. I have been enjoying the pictures of your progress and it’s nice seeing the finished product here!

1 Like

Wow! This is beautiful!

1 Like

It’s gorgeous, I’ve never seen crocheted cables before!

1 Like

So much love and so much work. What a special spoiled baby! I love cables!

1 Like

Gorgeous! This is just beautiful!

1 Like

beautiful!

1 Like

Wow, what an amazing piece!!

1 Like