More mini cat trees

I’ve spent a lot of time into perfecting a kit that would make it easier for miniature enthusiasts to make their own cat trees. It turns out it’s far more difficult than it first appears, heh. I still have the hideaway boxes and round platforms to work on, but I think I can simplify those, too.
What I did, is I used my small mini lathe I got and built a jig to be able to ensure I can drill the holes in the wood as precise as possible. Then I wrote up a manual with cloth patterns to help any one out that wants to make their own with their own cloth colors that they want.
Of course, I can’t say “it’s good enough” without actual attempting to make them myself, heh. So these were the last batch that I made from those kits, with a new model.

Anyhoo, I’m right now sitting on a few more cloth patterns for the hideaway boxes, but I need to perfect them before I can add them to my kits.

20 Likes

Wow, that is a lot of cat trees! There will be many happy minicats in the world thanks to you!

2 Likes

Ok, these are so cute. Now I am imagining tons of teeny cats perched on their wee trees.

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s this site, mountain miniatures I think, that has fairly realistic itty bitty kitties, and even kittens. I always imagine them on them. Ooh, I did make one video on how to make the trees from my kits. Except I really need to redo it, as my wife told me when I made it, “STOP TALKING”, heh. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5tB5VYFPbA

3 Likes

These are super cute and every house should have one, even miniature houses. :laughing:

2 Likes

So sweet and tiny! They look look like a lot of fun to make :smiley_cat:

1 Like

These are delightful! And the teeny little hanging toys!! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Amazing itty bitties! Someone’s miniature house will definitely be boosted by one of those for their cats.

They are so cute! So many happy little cats :wink:

1 Like

Brilliant Idea, I love it

1 Like

really interesting :smiley: I think they are really cool, and of course you have to try it out a few times to make sure the kits are working

1 Like

Wow! You made so many, busy beaver. They look great, I like the variety of colours used too, something for every decor.

1 Like

Here are some pictures of the boxes I’m working on. This is a good example of how much “shaving cream” it is to do these and why I don’t make them too frequntly.

Alrighty! This seems to work. I’ll have to check it later to see if the glue didn’t hold while getting the little jig out, but so far so good.

What I did, I made this jig, and lathered it in wax. Then heated it with a hair dryer to smooth the wax out, then I formed the box around it. After it had hardened I then got the handy dandy hair dryer out again, and heated the box up to pull the blasted jig out. Welp, it seems to work. WOOT!

Update: just finished sanding the boxes down, and using this jig definitely worked, plus it made it much much easier to make the boxes, too. As for the glue, it held even after the heating of the wood when taking the jig out. So the Gorilla wood glue seems like a good choice.

3 Likes

Alrighty, I risked life and limb (translation, wife is asleep, heh) to cut the box out and pieced one together. I think this will work.

4 Likes

Delightful!
The tiny little dangling “birds” are such an amazing detail! Just wow.

I love this one! Just needs little kitties to come play :smiley:

Alrighty, the first one is made with a box, and I am working on getting the tutorial up, buuut I won’t keep it up. Another poor recording, plus I forgot I hadn’t attempted putting one of these together like this. So I didn’t record the video as well as I could have. Oh well.

3 Likes

You sure have a talent for making these.

1 Like

I’m really glad I finally found something I’m good at. At least I think I’m good at it, heh.

2 Likes