More resin casting fun

I’ve been having fun playing with resin again lately. These are all made from molds and 2-part epoxy resin which takes about 24 hours to fully cure and harden. I use various things like metallic glitters, mica powders, and alcohol inks to color and “paint” the designs. Most of these are done backwards, meaning I don’t see the finished front until it’s cured and I unmold it. So there’s always a little bit of experiment and surprise.

So…yeah that’s just some of it. It’s been a little bit of a kick for me the last couple weeks.

25 Likes

Wow! Gorgeous sparkle and colors.

2 Likes

Ooooh they’re so fun, I love them all!! That bee one is especially gorgeous :smiley:

3 Likes

These are all soooo cooool!

2 Likes

Someday I’ll play with resin, this makes me want someday to be sooner. How pretty.

Do you paint your molds before pouring the resin?

2 Likes

Yeah if I’m using mica powder, I use a small brush and paint the inside of the mold before pouring the resin. Same with glitter, I fill in the design areas with the color. Alcohol inks get added straight to the resin and mixed.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!!!

2 Likes

The yellow moon Ouija board thingy (technical term) is my favorite. The colors are stunning. The moon almost seems to glow.
They are all every cool.

1 Like

Yours are super pretty! I love the bee mirror one. I keep looking at that mold set but haven’t bought it for myself yet.

1 Like

That is so cool! What a nifty process, and then a fun surprise! Lovely work. :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

These are so fun and colorful. Love the sparkle!!

1 Like

They’re all gorgeous. I really love the planchettes. Are you creating any Ouji/spirit boards to go with them?

Not seeing how your project looks until you take it out of the mold sounds so nerve wracking!

1 Like

Not at the moment. But I might at some point. I actually just kinda like the planchettes on their own as decoration but if I find a suitable mold, I might make some boards. It would be a pretty big pour though!

That glitter is soooo cool with your pieces! I love these.

1 Like

They are all amazing, the light colored cat on is my favorite. You did a really amazing job.

1 Like