More Watercolor Scenes

I painted some more mini scenes to turn into cards (although I am hoarding the last one for myself because I want to frame it).

All painted with Derwent Inktense pans (set #2).

22 Likes

Oh yes, that last one is extra special for sure. Lovely work!

2 Likes

Lovely, they are great

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

They look really nice! I like how you framed the sky with trees in the first one.

I got the inktense pens for my nibling for their birthday. I’m hoping they’ll be nice to work with too.

3 Likes

These are incredible. I love the dreamy quality of the trees at night.

4 Likes

Oooh, gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

@Annchen, please let me know what the pens are like when she tries them out, I haven’t seen those.

I’m actually kicking myself for not getting the 36-color set of the blocks when they were on sale, because the price is currently a little ridiculous.

2 Likes

Love the first two!!! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Truly amazing work!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

The depth to these is so great. You really captured a mood to all of them. Do you use the Inktense for the star part too or is that regular acrylic?

I have a set of Inktense pencils and they’re gorgeously vibrant. I bet the pans will last for a very long time!

2 Likes

Thank you! The stars are acrylic - it’s thicker and more opaque, and I have to get that random splatter. If I try and place the stars, they look too organized and not organic enough. The pans do seem to stretch pretty far, but I’m definitely making a good dent in my Payne’s grey, making all those trees so dark. It’s one of the reasons I’m sorely tempted to get a decent-sized set of the blocks.

1 Like

These are gorgeous, you are creating such wonderful luminosity and depth of colour!!

I really love using my Derwent Inktense, they are excellent. Because they dry permanent, I find I can use them with mixed media layering more easily than usual watercolours, which can sometimes smudge and wash away. Did you know you can use them on fabric too?

They are expensive, but the pigment strength is so good, I think they are worth the price.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I did see that they work on fabric! I’m looking forward to experimenting with them more.

2 Likes

WOWWWWW! Absolutely gorgeous! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you!

These are stunning.
You may have inspired me to try out the Inktense range.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s a really fun medium, and the colors are so vibrant.

1 Like