I was asked to make another pillow with a song lyric on it and decided to give it another twist by doing one side in another language and since I felt I could trust a Morse Code translator to be accurate I went with that!
I made an adhesive stencil with my Cricut and set it slightly askew. The paint is a slightly pearlescent graphite color. I used 1 strand each of 3 different grey floss colors to embroider a split stitch border. This is the back side of the fabric.
The other side has the lyrics in English, the chorus from a song by Primus. I made another adhesive stencil and 5 colors from the welting I made earlier.
This was my Plan B and it is both less and more subtle than I intended. Also, the somewhat coarse weave of this fabric did not play well with the floaty bits of the letters. I had already considered adding an embroidery element and it turned out to make a big difference in legibility. This side has the fabric right-side out.
I do like made things that encourage/require an extra look to see it all, so that appeals to me about this and is part of the appeal of the Morse Code side. I also like how there’s a more neutral side and a loud n proud side. So versatile!
I love how the welting/piping/cording turned out and am please with how it went sewing it into the pillow.
I don’t know the first thing about Primus, but looking at their website, tour posters, etc. gave me the impression and inside-out/ slightly askew, mix & match, semi-wonkiness would all at least sort of fit the vibe. This also coordinates-enough with a pillow I was asked to make for the same people by the same client a couple years ago,