Mortar Board/Graduation Cap Gift Box

A young family member is graduating for high school this spring! It’s weird, because as far as we’re concerned she’s, like, 11 years old. :grimacing: Anyway, her school colors are royal blue and white, but their caps and gowns are dark blue. Their tassels are dark blue and white. I tried to match as best as I could from afar.

I used my Cricut Explore to cut files from SVGCuts.com. She includes instructions for making a tassel with embroidery floss in the assembly video.

The top is about 4.25" square, the box pretty small. It barely fits a gift card, but would fit other small gifts or treats easily.

I made the year charm using Tim Holtz dies on my Sizzix Big Shot. The base is a wee tag that I cut around the numbers with scissors to kind of replicate the charms on the graduates’ actual tassels.

21 Likes

It’s adorable!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

It came out great.

2 Likes

So perfect! The tassel and charm are just wonderful.

2 Likes

This is so cute! Such a great presentation for a small gift.

2 Likes

Aw it’s great! Bit large for a check, though :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone!

I wonder if she has ever even seen a check… :thinking: :joy:

3 Likes

Love this, my sons graduating this year as well💗

2 Likes

Thanks and congratulations to your son and you on getting him there!

3 Likes

A check. You’re showing your age @irid3sc3nt :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
This is so cleanly done and cool. The tassel is a wonderful touch. It looks amazing, and I would keep this as a little jewelry box if I got it for graduation!

2 Likes

You just make some of the coolest cards! What a treat for your family member!

2 Likes

Lol, I suppose so. I still do write checks to put into birthday cards. And pay for some lessons for my son by check. But I’m not Lebowski, paying for milk under a dollar with a check🤣

2 Likes

Thsnks, pals!

1 Like