Mosaic Crochet Baby Blanket

I wanted to make something with some colorful yarn I had, so I mixed it with gray yarn leftover from making my last happypotamus to make a baby blanket!

Pattern: Mosaic Cross Throw (Ravelry link)
Yarn: Lion Brand Mandala (Nifflers colorway), Bernat Baby Sport (Cloudburst colorway)
Hook: I hook (5.5 mm)

I enjoyed working on this, but each round is different, so you really have to pay attention to the pattern!

The pattern is meant to make a larger throw blanket, so I stopped in the middle of one of the motifs (round 63), and then skipped to the border pattern. I thought it needed something else, so I added a shell border in gray. (Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to keep it!)

The yarns are carried up the back, so there were only a few ends to weave in! The blanket ended up ~36 inches (~91 cm) square.

The back doesnโ€™t show the pattern - itโ€™s just rounds of colors:

Some WIP pictures:

And a bonus picture with a (catnip) banana for scale:

:laughing:

26 Likes

This is really gorgeous! The contrast with the gray really accentuated the color!

1 Like

Itโ€™s so, so beautiful my friend!

1 Like

Lovely! The colours are perfect; I love how the grey makes the pastels a little more sophisticated without taking away from them.

2 Likes

I really love the muted quality the grey gives these colors! Itโ€™s a gorgeous little baby blanket.

1 Like

Lucky baby!

1 Like

Gorgeous! But we need a cat to go with that catnip banana so we can judge size (and not just because I always want to see kitty pictures :rofl:).

2 Likes

A real stunner! So, so beautiful.

1 Like

I love the gray on the pastel, itโ€™s a lovely combination.

1 Like

Beautifully done. I love the shell border!

1 Like

:fire: Congratulations! This hot project is featured this week! :fire:

3 Likes

Gorgeous! Add me to the list of people who are loving the way those colors play together!

1 Like

Thank you all! :grin:

@Abbeeroad - Thank you! :smiley:

@Tapestry - here she is with her banana:

(sheโ€™s a big kitty - a bit over 14 pounds right now)

4 Likes

What a beautiful baby blanket. I love the pattern and that border frames the whole blanket so nicely!

1 Like

Itโ€™s so pretty! What a lovely design.

1 Like

Yay for kitty pictures! Sheโ€™s lovely. My boys are both 14-15 lbs as well.

1 Like

Lovely blanket! The shell border really gives it a polished look.

1 Like

Gorgeous blanket! I love the gradient of colors with the grey.

1 Like

Oh wow! This is really beautiful! And the incorporation of the grey works really well! ๐Ÿฉถ

1 Like

Holy macaroni, this is fantabuloso! Wow, so very pretty. Excellent work!

1 Like