Mosaic-tile crocheted necklace

This project isn’t new, but I don’t think I’ve ever posted it, so… I crocheted around some tiny (less than 1 inch) mosaic tiles and put them together with jump rings. I like it because it goes with so many different colors.

The only problem with it, is that it sometimes slides around on the bar and bunches up instead of staying neatly spread out. Any ideas on how I could remedy that?

21 Likes

gasp What a gorgeous necklace! I love the colors you used! As for keeping it from bunching, maybe solder if that’s convenient, or a bit of E6000 just on the two jump rings on the ends?

3 Likes

I LEGIT GASPED WHEN I SAW THIS. THIS IS AMAZING!!! Like…OMG, I really love this. If you are able, would you mind posting closeups?

I bet it’s annoying, but I like the fluidity. the hard and soft. the structure, but flexibility. Unless it happens a lot, then it’s annoying. Maybe small bars (instead of jump rings) between the tiles?

:shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

HA! I SAID THE SAME THING, @BreadMenace!!!

E6000 is a good idea… may try that someday!

I never thought of the fluidity as a positive thing, but maybe I could just try to embrace the sliding! :blush:

On some days (like today), it’s not a problem because the slight fuzziness of my shirt sort of sticks to the crocheted backs of the tiles and holds everything in place.

1 Like

Okay, I’m at work, so these close-ups are not ideal, but here they are, as requested…

6 Likes

This is gorgeous! Love what you created with the mosaic tiles!

1 Like

What a clever necklace. It is a work of art!

2 Likes

Love this! If you want to remedy the sliding, I’d wrap the bar with more of the cotton thread you used, making sure to run the thread through each loop. That should prevent them from going anywhere.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, everyone! I love the idea of wrapping the bar, @sheepBlue!!!

One more close-up, because I realized I didn’t take one that showed the depth, and I wasn’t sure what @JoyfulClover wanted to see. The tiles are pretty thick.

3 Likes

It is beautiful in either direction! What a unique piece! It goes with everything, as you said!

1 Like

I aggressively love this!!! Ohh, how wondrous!

Thank you for more photos!

3 Likes

So cool and unique!

2 Likes

Wow, this is really really gorgeous, and so creative!!

2 Likes

This is so lovely! What a brilliant idea!

Perhaps gluing the jump rings on the ends of the bar to the balls on the end. Then a spot of glue for the cord to keep it from going anywhere.

Wait, did someone already suggest this?

1 Like

Oh wow, this is so beautiful and unique! I love it!!

1 Like

This is so pretty and unique!

1 Like

What a statement piece!! :heart_eyes:

I agree with the bar idea on the back to keep them locked in place. I think that will help preserve the look of fluidity, but make it easier to wear.

1 Like

Wow, that is really gorgeous and unique! I bet it gets loads of comments when you wear it and then people are amazed it’s your own creation. Very, very cool.

This is so clever! I love the hard/soft, rigid/fluid, shiny/matte! And the versatility of the colors must be so nice, too. I hope you find the solution to the sliding.

1 Like