Mostly Paper ~ Leaves Journal with Fabric

I made this fun little journal for the OWS :slight_smile:

I envision this journal being used with the spine at the top but all the pictures have it on the side… although it can be used however the user wants to use it!

I had some masterboard leftover from something I made for a swap (possibly a masterboard swap…?) That I really love and was just waiting for the perfect project. Unfortunately the backside was not super pretty so I wanted to cover it, and then the paper I chose was the wrong size… so instead of making the cover smaller I went with some fabric that I thought went nicely with it. And of course I had to use some coordinating rainbow thread :grin:

My sewing machine loves me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sweat_smile:

Untied:

And the back (one little wonky spot but it’s all held together!):

The pages are blue copy paper that I thought looked nice with the blue on the cover.

Thanks for looking! :kissing_heart:

17 Likes

Cool and artsy! Love the interesting stitching.

2 Likes

the fabric choice is perfect. love how it came together!

2 Likes

Simply beautiful!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! I love that piece of masterboard. The black leaves really pop against the color. The coordinating fabric is just wonderful, too!

2 Likes

Beautiful paper. The rainbow-ish fabric works perfectly with it. It’s such a precious little journal to pull out of your pocket and sketch the world in.

3 Likes

It’s the best scrapbook for a rainforest vacation! I’m sure whomever receives it will be super happy!

2 Likes

This is so cool! You had me at “rainbow thread.” Ha!

3 Likes

This is just so dang pretty!

2 Likes

Very pretty!

1 Like