Mothman Love Light-up card

Hi all. This card is for my husband for our upcoming 14 anniversary. A couple years ago (right before March 2020) we went on a trip to celebrate. We had been planning on doing a road trip and stopping at Point Pleasant (husband is a fan of cryptozoology, particularly the mothman), but decided against it in lieu of visiting during their annual festival later that year. Covid put those plans on hold for a while, but I can still give him some mothman in the meantime!

The card was created using my (new, hooray!) Cricut to make the silhouette cutout. And fun—the eyes light up when you press the heart. :slight_smile: I used a Chibi lights set to handle that (which was actually super easy after just watching a couple of YouTube videos).

I just need to figure out what pithy phrase to write on the back, but I’m pretty happy with it.

17 Likes

That is very cool!
I’m not familiar with Mothman, but how about “You are my flame” or something like that for the phrase?

6 Likes

This is the best card ever! Great job on adding those lights!

1 Like

This is absolutely delightful! :grin: :+1: I second the “flame” pun idea.

1 Like

Oh, that’s so cool that it lights up! And I love the modern-looking design of the card with just the silhouette and the eyes.

1 Like

This is so cool. I love how the eyes light up and that you did the Mothman in a glitter.

1 Like

WOW! This is so cool just as a stand alone, but then to hear the personal story behind it makes it all the better. LOVE the interactive, glowing eyes, too.

1 Like

Creepy and awesome!

1 Like

Oooh yeah, Mothman! He’s gonna love it! I’m trying to think of something… Is there a cryptid you like? Like… “you’re the mothman to my yeti” or something like that.

1 Like

I’m drawn to you, like a moth to a flame :fire:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I like that! I am a Nessie fan, so there’s probably something there. :heart:

1 Like