Mothman Love Light-up card

Hi all. This card is for my husband for our upcoming 14 anniversary. A couple years ago (right before March 2020) we went on a trip to celebrate. We had been planning on doing a road trip and stopping at Point Pleasant (husband is a fan of cryptozoology, particularly the mothman), but decided against it in lieu of visiting during their annual festival later that year. Covid put those plans on hold for a while, but I can still give him some mothman in the meantime!

The card was created using my (new, hooray!) Cricut to make the silhouette cutout. And funā€”the eyes light up when you press the heart. :slight_smile: I used a Chibi lights set to handle that (which was actually super easy after just watching a couple of YouTube videos).

I just need to figure out what pithy phrase to write on the back, but Iā€™m pretty happy with it.

17 Likes

That is very cool!
Iā€™m not familiar with Mothman, but how about ā€œYou are my flameā€ or something like that for the phrase?

6 Likes

This is the best card ever! Great job on adding those lights!

1 Like

This is absolutely delightful! :grin: :+1: I second the ā€œflameā€ pun idea.

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s so cool that it lights up! And I love the modern-looking design of the card with just the silhouette and the eyes.

1 Like

This is so cool. I love how the eyes light up and that you did the Mothman in a glitter.

1 Like

WOW! This is so cool just as a stand alone, but then to hear the personal story behind it makes it all the better. LOVE the interactive, glowing eyes, too.

1 Like

Creepy and awesome!

1 Like

Oooh yeah, Mothman! Heā€™s gonna love it! Iā€™m trying to think of somethingā€¦ Is there a cryptid you like? Likeā€¦ ā€œyouā€™re the mothman to my yetiā€ or something like that.

1 Like

Iā€™m drawn to you, like a moth to a flame :fire:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I like that! I am a Nessie fan, so thereā€™s probably something there. :heart:

1 Like