Mountain Sunrise Watercolors

I needed a couple last-minute cards for my niece’s and nephew’s Confirmation celebrations and could not find anything at Meijer. Since I procrastinated myself into a corner, I painted my way out.

I used a tutorial I found on Pinterest to paint the scenes, then added some appropriate bible verses (I really need to work on making my writing more consistent - my handwriting is a weird mix of cursive and print). They are 5" x 8". All materials were from stash, too!

Before adding verses:

13 Likes

Beautifully done and so much more personal than a bought card!

3 Likes

Lovely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Honestly, with card prices what they are these days, I might make a habit of attaching my watercolor practice pieces to cardstock and adding quotes/sentiments/verses to them. There are so many card-giving events every year and so many people in our extended family. Kill two birds with one stone - practice a craft and stash a greeting card. :wink:

5 Likes

These are beautiful and those verses were a great choice.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Oh, my! Those are so beautiful and peaceful. Lovely quotes, too.

Made me giggle! Instead of painting yourself into the corner, you painted your way out.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

These are beautiful!! Just gorgeous.

1 Like

These are really pretty!

1 Like

Those are so relaxing and calming.

1 Like

Thank you!

These are gorgeous, and I think your handwriting looks great too!!

I agree with you, I almost never buy cards anymore. I hardly ever throw small paintings away - if they’re ones I’m really not happy with for a gift or for a card, I add more paint or drawing and cut them up into collage bits too.

2 Likes

These are just beautiful! Suitable for framing, even. And your handwriting is pretty and has character and charm.

1 Like

Thanks! I am finding myself almost anxious to do more little scenery paintings, and I’m collecting quotes like a raven collects shiny things. :joy:

2 Likes

These are both lovely! The handwritten verses are the perfect touch (I would’ve been scared to commit to writing on top of the painting for fear that I’d mess up a letter or word :grimacing:).

I love the idea of getting more painting practice while creating more cards. It’s a win-win scenario!

1 Like

Thank you! I actually copied the verses onto scrap paper first, so that I wasn’t writing them for the first time on the card. It makes me more confident in making the final piece.

2 Likes