Mumble the Bumble tree topper

last year, I needle-felted a little Mumble.

This year, he has a big buddy.

Big Mumble is posable, built on a wire armature covered with polyfil (which I shaped with needle felting). I tried to sculpt his face in the CAD program, but it’s not great for organic shapes, so I downloaded a figurine someone else sculpted and shared, then cut it into pieces so I could just print the head, hands, and feet. He’s covered with some very shaggy fur I bought last year, when I decided I needed him. Finally got started on him about a week ago.

BTW, I feel strongly that Hermie should not have pulled the Bumble’s teeth–it’s a kid show, for goodness sake–so Mumble still has his fangs.

This year’s tree has a travel-ish theme. Mementos of places we’ve been, reminders of places we’d like to go, vehicles, and unrelated stuff I just couldn’t leave off the tree.

24 Likes

Awwww, he looks sweetly triumphant to be holding that star on the top of the tree! AWESOME!

1 Like

That is seriously so cool!

1 Like

This is so great and is instantly recognizable. And I 100% support the no-teeth pulling factor! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love that you left him his teeth! And this is spectacular! The fur is perfect, it has that wispy - yet - furry quality i remember from the show. Like it could tangle at any moment. Perfect!

2 Likes

What fun!

1 Like

What a great topper! A very whimsical touch; I love it!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, how fantastic! I adore that hint of chest, lol. That is just so great.

1 Like

He looks great and I love that he is poseable.

2 Likes

This is great. He looks so excited with his Star

1 Like

He’s perfect! And looks sooo good on top of you’re tree!

1 Like

This is amazing. I love it!!

1 Like

He’s awesome !

1 Like

This is the best!

1 Like

So wonderful! We have bumbles on our tree too!

1 Like

That’s a great tree topper!!

1 Like

Thanks, y’all!
It’s fun to see him grinning down at me.

Congrats! Your Bumble Tree Topper is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

See, Mumble? They DO love you!

This is so awesome!

1 Like