Mushroom May! πŸ„

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

Damp, the forest floor
Well hidden beneath green ferns
Fairy umbrella

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

Back by popular demand, it’s Mushroom May! Please share all your lovely, adorable, or weird! Mushroom creations here in this craftalong and in their own post. At the end of the month, something fun(gi) may happen :kissing_heart:

Porchini, crimini, chanterelle
Maitake, Shiitake, portabell. a
Fungi, toadstools, mushies, shrooms!
Whatever you call them, they’re amazing and we wanna see β€˜em all!

16 Likes

YESSSS!!! I have a couple of projects in mind!

4 Likes

First thing i thought about this morning, mushrooms & my friend Linda :mushroom: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I’m looking forward to all the fun(gi)!
Didja like my haiku?

6 Likes

I’ve got some art in mind that would fit this craftalong perfectly! Two pieces, actually.

4 Likes

Inspired by @Tapestry’s magical forest gouache piece, I’ve been watching tutorials and window shopping for gouache. This seems like the perfect excuse to give it a go.

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see what you make!

4 Likes

I have an idea that i am hoping i can work on around mid-month. Lufe is crazy and ive been so busy. Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

As it happens, we had mushroom macaroni for dinner today and there’s shiitake in the fridge. No craft plans yet but I know I have some fun mushroom embroidery patterns, so who knows??

5 Likes

Food counts! I love mushrooms, edible & all the other kinds too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You could always post your recipe for Mushroom Macaroni and that would 100% qualify as part of the craftalong, plus get us off to a yummy start!

6 Likes

Free Fungi Needlefelting Workshop. I gave away all my supplies for this craft but doesn’t that look fun?

10 Likes

Thank you for the link! That looks fabulous and I’ve just signed up. I have a bunch of needle felting supplies just lying around already so this is perfect.

4 Likes

It’s the easiest recipe ever, not sure if it deserves it’s own thread. I might have posted it somewhere already. Basically you fry garlic and mushrooms, then you add paprika powder, then cream and capers and let it stew, then you add the macaroni and a little bit of the capers’ liquid. It’s a nice and creamy macaroni even though there’s no cheese (you could add cheese though, and parsley, or black pepper, I bet that’s really nice) . It only takes about 15 minutes so it’s a great β€œlong day at work, I deserve comfort food” recipe that doesn’t contain ultraprocessed ingredients or is deep-fried.

4 Likes

I just learned about an event that might interest people who like mushrooms: Game of Shrooms 2024!

Game of Shrooms is a once a year world-wide art N seek event created by Attaboy. The next Game of Shrooms happens on June 8th, 2024. On that day, artists from all over the world hide their original mushroom-themed art works in public places then they give hints (often on social media) for others to find AND KEEP!

(instagram page, with examples)

5 Likes

That looks amazing! Now I really want to go mushroom hunting on June 8th! There are at least two artists near me participating…

5 Likes

Mushroom May! It makes sense that this is coming from @Magpie! Love it! And you may even see an entry from me here… ! :grin:

Awesome haiku, as well!

4 Likes