Musical mixup - band crab feed donation quilt

finally getting around to making a post for my first finish of 2020!
i started this beast on new year’s eve with the quick deadline of mid january for the annual band crab feed (former color guard member)
we (my mom and i) have been stashing music fabric for years to make these donation quilts for a few different organizations, and i’ve always enjoyed using the same fabrics each time to see how different each one turns out. my high school colors were also black and gold, so it works perfectly.
this is the same “lap sized quilt” as the star wars quilt i made for my brother in-law for christmas… and i’m still not sure why i didn’t downsize when i realized how big it was!
the fabric for the back was found in the wide back section of joann’s, and it couldn’t be any more perfect. plus, now i have the scraps leftover from trimming down to size to use for more music quilts.
I did tweak the border a bit on this one, to make all the piano keys run in the same direction, and added the corner stones so that where the piano keys ended wouldn’t be a total eyesore.

17 Likes

Wow! I’ll bet that beauty gives a big boost to the fundraiser! Beautiful, and I love how it all fits the theme.

1 Like

I just love your neutral color palette. The prints themselves are interesting but not jarring when mixed with the neutrals…and your attention to details (like the corner blocks on the border!!!) is wonderful

What a generous donation for the band…

1 Like

So pretty! Love the colors and the piano parts!

1 Like

I love the sea of neutrals!!!

1 Like

That is amazing, just incredible.

1 Like

Just gorgeous!!

1 Like