My 2nd Virus Shawl

In January I traveled to Japan for the first time since moving away. It was great to see friends and places I’ve been missing so much! I knew I’d need a crochet project for the plane and various train rides etc., so instead of an ami with lots of separate colors and notions and fiddly bits, I decided to do another virus shawl. This way I only needed one yarn cake, one hook, and the pattern, and even that I didn’t really need anymore after a few repetitions, because it’s so easy to memorize and get into a groove. This is my second shawl I’ve finished using the Virus Shawl pattern, and like the first, I used Sultan Deluxe Shine yarn. I love the gradation! I’ll be giving this shawl to my mom for her birthday.

32 Likes

Love these colors!

2 Likes

It’s beautiful! I love the colors you chose, too.

1 Like

The fade is lovely.

1 Like

Gorgeous!! Sounds like it was the perfect “to-go” project.

1 Like

Nice color choice! Going back to Japan is so nice - hope you had a good trip :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love how the stitches make a pattern like overlapping waves / scales. Beautiful colors, too! Your mom will surely love it. It’s wonderful that you got to go back to Japan for a visit.

1 Like

Beautifully done and I love the transition of the colors.

2 Likes

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

So very pretty!

1 Like

This is so pretty! I really like the ombré effect!

1 Like

Lovely!

1 Like

:zap::rotating_light: Wee-ooo! Wee-ooo! Congratulations! Your terrific craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rotating_light: :zap:

2 Likes

Perfect yarn choice! The gradation is wonderful and I’ve no doubt that your mom will just love it!

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful colours :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This pattern is one of my favorites…you did a beautiful job with the stitching and the color choice!

Lovely gift!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning :heart_eyes:

1 Like