My beautiful new ancient spinning wheel

Spinning wheel! My aunt brought me a spinning wheel!

A 135 year old beautiful machine that was being used by the owner until she moved to a long term care facility. I want to find her & thank her & let her know Iโ€™ll take good care of this pretty thing. And also learn to use it.
Got any tips? What even is all this stuff?

25 Likes

Oh my gosh you lucky duck!! I have no clue about them but i love it and iโ€™m SO. EXCITED. for you!!

3 Likes

This is magical!

2 Likes

Iโ€™m flabbergasted for you! Woah! What a treasure!

2 Likes

Woweee wow wow!!! Iโ€™m so excited for you! Wish I had some tips.

2 Likes

She was nervous I wouldnโ€™t want it & sheโ€™d have wasted $30 :flushed:
This is actually one of those items on what I call my โ€œLife Listโ€, as in, I would like this thing in my lifetime. Pretty stoked about it.

Hereโ€™s the mid-century modern chair we are sacrificing to create space in the livingroom.

Hee, something funny. DCT and my sister are good friends and colleagues so it was a natch we all started singing Spinning Wheel in the street when my aunt took that thing out of her car trunk, haha. What a hoot!

1 Like

Congrats! I can likely answer a lot of your questions regarding your gorgeous new wheel. And if I canโ€™t, there is a great Facebook group for antique wheels and fiber equipment.

4 Likes

Oh wow! My mom has a spinning wheel but I only ever learned how to do drop spinning (and only while in the fourth grade!). I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever actually seen the wheel being used. Good luck!

2 Likes

Congratulations and have fun!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the offer, once this is set up & Iโ€™ve got some roving, Iโ€™ll be full of questions! Iโ€™d like to order a copy of @Belladuneโ€™s Trifecta book but have a feeling Iโ€™ll need some beginner instructions to start.

1 Like

Beautiful!!! And actually, this is funny, but my aunt bought me an antique spinning wheel too!! Haha! Iโ€™ll have to keep an eye out here to learn about it!

1 Like

Ooh, weird & cool! Did you also all burst into song? I got a real unique fam so maybe not, lol.

1 Like

Hahaha, no, we did not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: what song?? XD

Click the link above, pretty sure you will recognize the song & maybe even be able to sing along!

Wow! What a gorgeous piece! And for only $30? What a deal!

I look forward to seeing your progress as you learn how to use it!