My First Adult Merit Badge!

This year’s Gish finally inspired me to make my own adult merit badge! I’ve loved them for ages but just hadn’t gotten around to trying to make one yet.

This was for Item #32: (SIDE-BY-SIDE) Your loved ones have merit. There are so many things that are great about them! Create a merit badge for at least one person in your life showcasing a quality about them that you really love, and then present it to them (over Zoom is fine). Submit the close-up of the badge and the image of your friend receiving it, with a footnote describing what it signifies, if it is not obvious.

This is for my friend who always came up with the best events and outing ideas, and who got us all organized to go hop on a train and see new things together! Of course, that was in the BeforeTimes, in Japan and before the pandemic, but I hope we will adventure together again when it’s safe!

Here’s what I turned in to Gish:

The edging took a long time 'cause I did it by hand, but I caught up on some fun youtube stuff while I did it and had a good time!

17 Likes

This is the cutest thing I’ve seen in a long time. Everything about it is awesome. Li’l button wheels so cute. Subtle red is wonderful. Such a nice job you did.

1 Like

I love it!! Hope we see more badges from you in the future! :wink:

1 Like

This is adorable and so sweet! I can’t to wait to see more if you make them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone! I definitely hope to make more at some point. I know I’m not remotely alone in this, but my list of crafts I want to make is absurdly looooooong. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes