My first attempt at embellished clothing

Not as awesome as @MightyMitochondria’s jacket, but I like it!

The batik was embroidered when I bought it and this has been in my stash for a while.

I made the mistake of NOT trying this on when I bought it. It’s waaaay too small. This will be going to my very slender niece.

Some details on the front and cuffs.

Thanks for looking!

28 Likes

Looks pretty awesome to me! Hand or machine stitching, I can’t tell. The variegated thread is an excellent touch. Nice work, shame it’s not the right size for you. Good practice for next time though?

2 Likes

That variegated stitching on the seams is the perfect way to set off the gorgeous batiks you chose. You are going to get so many compliments on your fantastic jacket! I love it!

2 Likes

Welp, ya’ NAILED IT, ma’am! This turned out so cool! I really like the seaming details.

2 Likes

Even a little bit of handwork makes clothing unique and special! I love that fabric (so unusual and of course, I love batiks!)…and the extra stitching is unexpected and nicely placed…

I really need to just dive into mine…I have four jean jackets so I can experiment with at least one!

Beautiful…first attempt (nah, looks pro to me!!)

5 Likes

What?! All that work abd you didnt try it on first? :rofl::joy: oh no. At least it will have a home and it was good practice. It turned out neat.

4 Likes

I love those rainbow thread details! How perfect that you had that embroidered batik in your stash, it really snazzes up this jacket! You did a beautiful job on this.

2 Likes

Totally gorgeous! Your niece will be so excited to own it.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, it’s hand stitching.

I didn’t try it on before I bought it but I knew it wouldn’t fit before I began working on it. But I wanted the opportunity to try this and my niece loves this kind of thing, so I’m sure she will enjoy it!

5 Likes

I think it is a good opportunity for you to have to do another one!!! Can’t wait to see the one you make for yourself!

2 Likes

Pretty, it is now a unique work of art!

2 Likes

Thanks, all! I am definitely keeping my eye open for the perfect denim jacket (especially one that fits me), so that I can do this again!! I really enjoyed the process, and there is nothing like the feeling of wearing something you had a hand in making.

2 Likes

That looks really cool.

2 Likes

This is so pretty!! I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with the next one :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

1 Like

It’s fabulous! I love the batik panels and all of the subtle additions to the seams.

2 Likes

First attempt?! This looks amazing. And it’s hand embellished and not machine. Wow! I like the design and the colors you choose.

3 Likes

Freaking awesome!

2 Likes

This came out soo cool!! Those zig zags are perfect on the front. Hand stitching through all those layers is tough! You rocked it!!

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like