My First Dish Towels

I’ve only been weaving a few months and thought my edges were good enough to venture into weaving a couple of dish towels. TaDa! It was also the first time I hemmed my weaving instead of having a twisted fringe. They are Cotton/Linen and Linen threads. Each slot & hole is threaded twice. I used a new technique to warp the RH using the warping board and the direct warping method, threading both the slots & holes at the same time.

22 Likes

wow. super impressive. They look really good. I would have thought you’d been doing it for years. I really like your color choices.

1 Like

These are just stunning! I’m in awe.

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

So nice! Lovely colour scheme too

1 Like

They look great! I love your stripe colors.

1 Like

I love these colors!

1 Like

Yay!! I’m a clutz at color and I have just a very small selection of thread that I’ve picked up over the years at fiber festivals knowing that one day I wanted to weave. My husband got me “The Ultimate 3-iin-1 Color Tool” for Christmas and it really helped me with the color selection for this.

2 Likes

Beautiful work!

1 Like

I love that you were thinking ahead and picking up supplies for the day you were ready to start!
These look really good! That color tool sounds pretty handy!

1 Like

I am absolutely amazed at these! They look great!

1 Like

Wow those look great!
I really need to give weaving another shot.

1 Like

Oh I really love these colors! They look great!

1 Like

I really love the progress picture, and the colours you used are really nice. Great job!

1 Like

These are stunning! Great job!

1 Like

Gorgeous! Very impressive.

1 Like

Fabulous dish towels, YAY YOU! These are too pretty to use.

I am in awe! I have always wanted to do weaving and borrowed my sisters loom but I find it so intimidating. Your tea towels are awesome!

Weaving is such an impressive craft! Big love for your dish towels; they are incredible!

@anderlance, I was intimidated also but it is the easiest fiber arts for making material when compared to knitting, crochet, or nalbinding. It was the whole “taking the threads from the warping board to the loom” that intimidated me, but then I found direct warping where no warping board is used.

This little video gives a great example of direct warping and weaving on a rigid heddle in general.