My First Masterboard - I Was Finally Brave Enough To Give It a Go!

After getting inspired while reviewing each of the awesome Masterboard Tutorials posted by @Reinikka, @Magpie, and @geekgirl I finally got up the nerve to try one! Once I allowed myself to do just one, make it small, and limit my color palette, I stopped feeling overwhelmed!

First, I dug through my various supply stashes and decided on my palette and picked out some tools.

Then I layered on the color! I wrote with a gel pen, swirled on on fluid acrylic, stamped a larger stamp, stenciled using craft paint, stamped on smaller stamps, used another stencil with fluid acrylics.

WhiteMasterBoard02

WhiteMasterBoard03

Added some detail with a TP tube, tape center, and the edge of a large card similar to a gift card. Finally I used a dry brush to dab over some of the stamping to tone them down a bit. Of course, I let each layer dry before adding the next so as not to smear or blend color where I didn’t want to. It’s a bit of an exciting challenge to determine how much of each layer is enough, but not too much!

WhiteMasterBoard04

WhiteMasterBoard05

Now I just need to find a fun project to do that needs the POW that a bit of masterboard brings!

UPDATE: This topic was originally made on April 1.

Get it?

13 Likes

I love it! One of the best masterboards I’ve come across on this site. You need to make more!!

3 Likes

Such a distinct masterboard!

3 Likes

Definitely need to make more! I think you were brave to try the different textures…good call toning some of the color down!

4 Likes

OMG I love the textures you achieved!

4 Likes

Choosing to restrict the colours is a brilliant idea, it looks fab! I’m looking forward to seeing what you make with it! (and your next masterboards)

2 Likes

Thanks so much, friends! It did take me some courage building to start, but I am so glad I did.

2 Likes

This is fantastic!
And you know what? I made my very first masterboard yesterday, too :smile: I watched one of @Reinikka’s videos on Youtube. It was so much fun.

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: Dying over how fantastic this is!

4 Likes

Y’all are so kind and encouraging!

1 Like

Nice layers! Love the texture :white_heart: I had to take off my computer glasses so I could really appreciate the colors :white_heart: I’m looking forward to what this becomes!!!

2 Likes

Um, this is awesome. Perhaps more so than you even intended. Any chance you wanna swap for it, or some of it if you’ve got a project in mind? It’s so cool.

4 Likes

Omgosh this is awesome!!!

Beautiful!! I love how vibrant the colors are.

3 Likes

This appeared rather bland until I read the comments, then it dawned on me … :joy::joy: … just a few days late looking at it.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

And here was me looking at your first image and thinking, wow how co-ordinated a supply picture, very instagrammable

1 Like