My first mosaic crochet piece

After finishing my months-long project that involved nothing but sc and puff stitches, I was itching for a new skill, so I tried my hand at mosaic crochet. I was thrilled at how it worked up. It’s like magic, and it looks so much more complicated than it actually is.
And I fell in love with this gorgeous fall-inspired colorway (oddly named “citrus punch”) and thought it would look perfect as a pumpkin. I really like how it turned out.

I do need to trim the fringe and figure out a way to hang it. I think I’m going to use a stick from the yard and sc over it at the top row.

21 Likes

That worked up beautifully! The colourway is perfect for a pumpkin.

It looks great! The colors are perfect for fall.

It turned out wonderfully! Perfect for the season.

Nicely done! I like how the ‘citrus punch’ contrasts with the white. What a great new skill to have!

1 Like

So cute and seasonally appropriate! GO PUMPKINS!

Really cute! I love the way the colors blend in that yarn.

All finished! I added more white yarn to fill out the fringe and chopped it to 2", then cut & sanded a wooden skewer and crocheted over it and the top row at the same time. More citrus crush to hang it. I wanted to use a stick from my yard, but I didn’t have time to properly dry and prepare it and I was afraid it would get yucky in storage after pumpkin season is over. I gave it to my mother-in-law, who is visiting us right now and going home early tomorrow morning.

6 Likes

It looks lovely hanging!

This is fantastic and I love the completed piece! Great job.

Congrats! Your mosaic crochet piece is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

I love the subtle gradation from the orange to the black. This is so cool! This sort of crochet would make amazing scarves!!!

1 Like

Love your mosaic crochet pumpkin! And yay you, for picking up a new crafting skill.