My first punch embroidery - little fox

I have mostly seen it done with fabric strips, not embroidery thread. And yes, only burlap fabric. Still hard, Lawry. I nearly cried in frustration.

2 Likes

Adorable. I love that you tried a new craft together.

2 Likes

I think you did good on this. I tried punch embroidery once and the stitches all pulled out! I’d love to be able to do it though.

2 Likes

Super cute!

1 Like

Cute! These kept popping up in my feed before Christmas and I was sorely tempted to buy one for myself. I didn’t and now I wish I had! Super cute!

1 Like

Punch embroidery is fun once you get the hang of it. Yours turned out super cute!

1 Like

This is adorable. Great job! Like many of us, this is a craft I have seen and never tried. I’m going to go look for a kit right now. I haven’t taught myself a new craft in a long time. It’s a new year on a new site. Time for new adventures!

2 Likes

I love the idea of commiserating over a common new project like this! Oh, dang, and now I’m going to have to go shopping for a kit…:wink:

4 Likes

@wittychild - i am going to PM you!!

1 Like

I want to do this so bad, but everytime I try my stitches just come out. My mom did this all the time in the early nineties. She did it on sweatshirts.

2 Likes

The kit I got @roler I believe is Boye brand. I grabbed myself a Clover punch tool (I wish I’d gotten myself the same kit when I found hers!), and it also had problems with six strands of floss. Three was definitely better.

From my reading, monks cloth is one of the best materials to use, but I couldn’t find any small amounts to try it out on first. Just huge packages that are $$$$. I need to get some burlap to try again.

1 Like