My first quilling....like ever!

A friend gave me a full quilling kit this am. I have never quilled before, nor had she, but its full of templates and quilling tools and a lot of paper.

So as a thank you to her I made a little card up she can decorate her cubicle at work or something

Not perfect but its oddly addictive!

23 Likes

It’s just darling! Congratulations on your first one and new hobby!

1 Like

Nice job! No one would ever guess it’s your first quilling ever!

1 Like

That’s lovely!
And a great result for a first try!
I used to do a lot of quilling back in the 1980s (on cards, photo frames, boxes, even on empty egg shells).

1 Like

Very pretty. and yes, very fun and addicting. I have so many paper strips waiting for me to make things with. I’ll be looking forward to seeing what else you come up with. Endless possibilities.

1 Like

:rainbow: Well, lookie here! Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fire:

Cool hopefully more pick it up! Its not the best example but its really pretty simple entry into a new craft

Quilling isn’t easy. It looks so pretty. I love the text you added too.

Honestly I had to google what all the stuff was! Its a tool box full of supplies. I knew the basics of what the paper and quilling tools looked like but there’s boarder makers, the plastic templates for shapes, quilting combs, a buildable template for any shape you’d like. I had NO IDEA there was so much one could do!

1 Like

I have a friend who quills - and she makes the most beautiful cards. I’ve never tried it. But, your flower is just so pretty.

VERY impressive for a first project

Your quilling flower is very beautiful. :heart_eyes:

Congratulations! Your project was one of the Best of 2021! Yoooooou ROCK!

I love that you made her a thank you card from the kit! So sweet.