My new backyard view

I live in the country on just over 6 acres, most of it a hill behind my house. Several years ago we had to cut some trees down due to a threat to our home. This tree stump I use often in my bird backdrop pictures. We’ve wanted to landscape back here for years, and I finally got the gumption to start small–just around the tree.

I weeded (this will be majorly ongoing), bought dirt, and added flowers (I believe these are annuals, but that’s okay), and today Mr. Lynx helped me add some retaining sections as this hill is pretty steep.

I’m loving it so far!

The next pic compares my new view with a little way down where my other seed feeder is.

I have a vision of cleaning it all up and a landscape idea, but that will be something that happens over time. We’re just starting small for now.

18 Likes

So lovely

1 Like

It is turning out nicely, compared to the weeds at the other feeder!!! What a world idea!

1 Like

It’s looking lovely. Very fairy like right now.

1 Like

Massive project but it’s going to be beautiful when it’s done :blush::blush:

1 Like

What a lovely addition to the view!

1 Like

It looks beautiful! I bet those flowers fill out very quickly. I am a firm believer in start small.

1 Like

This is so lovely! I expect to see David the Gnome step out from behind the tree stump to survey his newly flowered ‘front lawn’.

1 Like

It is so lovely and lush.

1 Like

You’re off to a grrrrreAT start! You’ve got a great balance of natural and planned going on there!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

It looks beautiful. I love those flowers too!

1 Like