My wife asked me to draw her as a cute anime girl, so I did!

A few months ago while we were at the gym, I took a cool photo of my wife (she’s actually a poster here, and the one who convinced me to join lol).
We’re watching this show How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift?, which is a delightful cartoon where buff anime chicks/dudes teach you actual exercises/fitness tips, and she said she wanted me to draw that photo I took of her, in a similar style to the show. It took me a month or two, but I finally fulfilled her request, just in time for her birthday yesterday!

Actually, I highly recommend that show to anyone even vaguely into cartoons/anime. It’s a lot of fun.
(Before anyone asks, yes, photo was taken during no-shave winter, and the drawing reflects that lol)

18 Likes

Terrific…your drawing speaks a lot to the relationship you guys have…very fun, accepting, powerful…it is well done and you nailed the anime style…I love the dimples in her knees…and yes, we all are very aware of no shave periods…as my husband says, like sleeping with a cactus at first… :joy:

3 Likes

My favorite part is the hair and the determined gritted smile. I also enjoy that you added in the armpit hair.

2 Likes

Totally cute! (my no-shave winter goes all year, haha!)

4 Likes

Her smile is slaying me! :metal:

1 Like

You did a great job turning her into an anime character. She looks like a superhero! And cute as well!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s funny you say that, because when I originally “finished” it, I was really unhappy with how it turned out. But the next day, I arched the eyebrows a little, and added the cheek lines under the eyes, to make the determined look, and it made me go “WOW, that’s way better” haha.

2 Likes

That’s badass!

Loovvee it!

This is fantastic!

Really cool drawing, think your cartoon style is really cute, and I love the shading :smiley:

This is great! Who wouldn’t want to be ‘animated’ ? Very lovely!