Name Snowflake Ornament

A LONG time ago, like probably 12 years ago or more, I found a box of acrylic display samples. I mean, it’s a sample box of acrylic sheet for displays, in various sizes, colors, and finishes, and it was $2 so I brought it home figuring SOME day I could find a use for at least some of it. Well, I finally did! A 2" circle, frosted on one side, and a teeny tiny snowflake made out of my grand-niece’s name, plus the date, cut out of white vinyl, plus some twine from a gift from last year, and I got this ornament, which went into the advent calendar.

19 Likes

Oh, it’s so cool that her name makes the snowflake design! She’ll love it!

1 Like

What a neat gift to find in the advent calendar! I like that the acrylic is frosted, it works really well as a background to the snowflake.

1 Like

This is so cool!

1 Like

Beautiful! This will be an annual treasure.

1 Like

What a fabulous gift!

1 Like

Sooo cool! Did you design the name snowflake? I’d love to try this with my kids’ names but not sure I have the design skills… :thinking:

1 Like

I did! It’s pretty easy. What software would you be using?

Oh that’s way over my head, lol. I was kind of hoping there was a website somewhere where I could put the names in and it would make it for me! :laughing: Oh well. I’ll just admire your awesome ornament!!

1 Like

What a gorgeous ornament!! Such a cool keepsake!!!

1 Like

I can make files for you. Would you be printing or cutting?

1 Like

AH, really? I’ve been playing around in PPT this morning trying to make something work, lol.

I’d be cutting. I’ll send you a PM!!

1 Like

I’m trying to wrap my brain around the fact you say the snowflake has a name in it.

2 Likes

:smiley:

4 Likes

Cool, I would never have seen that.

1 Like

Finally! Initial designs were just too complex. Had to simplify.

So far from perfect but I love it. Thank you @Lothruin for the inspiration, design help, and overall encouragement!! :snowflake: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

It’s awesome!

1 Like

Ooh, I like the white on black! The thin script intertwines really nicely.

1 Like

I agree! And the Rs and Ds work really well together in the center!

2 Likes