Nautical Embellishments

I haven’t had a lot of time for making lately, but I have had time for craft material shopping. Ahem. ANYWAY, I had a little time today to try out a new die set and made these two bits.

They’re from an older Tim Holtz Bigz die for Sizzix and they’re cut from paperboard such as would be on the back of a legal notepad.

Then I just dug around in my ink pads and played around until I got some looks that might pass for aged/patinated metals.

They are more metallic IRL, but definitely also look oxidized, etc.

16 Likes

Wow, these look fantastic! You did a great job getting them to look aged. Pretty cool die set, also.

1 Like

Really look like old chunks of metal. Cool!

2 Likes

Wow, they really do look like aged metal!

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

Nifty nautical bits! I want a porthole! :wink:

I thought you were then going to tell us about these metal pieces you purchased and what you made with them. Then I read on and realize that these are what you made. Wow! The dies may have cut the shapes, but your inking abilities are what brought them to life - excellent shading and blending!

2 Likes

Yep - fooled me, too! Way cool!

2 Likes

Awww, thanks so much!

You’re too kind and I mean that. I really did just push the paperboard into the ink pads or the move ink pads across the paper board. Luckily I thought to do it before assembling the porthole. :blush:

1 Like

Wow! So realistic! Your inking is top notch. That little gear fan thing especially looks so realistic!

1 Like

These are made from paper!?! Wow!

1 Like

I seriously did not think that was paper at first. Cool.

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone!

Congratulations! These amazing embellishments are a FEATURED PROJECT!
Thank you for contributing to our community. :green_heart:

1 Like

Awww, thanks!

1 Like