Needle felted undersea hoop

Now that my partner has received I can share! I made @roler this hoop for the Use What You Have swap, which was really fun.

It’s blue felt in a hoop, that I then needle felted an underwater scene on. I thought it looked like a porthole view, so I laser cut a frame to look like a porthole, painted it a brassy color, and glued it on top.

This is the first time I’ve needle felted in a hoop, and it was fun! I’m going to have to try some more!

32 Likes

This is super amazing and even better that you included her little plushie friends as characters in the cool underwater scene. I love it and I’m sure she sure does too!

3 Likes

Their Instagram photos made for good inspiration. :grin:

3 Likes

The felted underwater scene is amazing and the porthole hoop your made takes it right over the top! Or under the waves? :thinking: Something. :smiley:

4 Likes

The needle felting is excellent, but the added porthole on the frame definitely takes it over the top, for sure!

3 Likes

Wonderful!

2 Likes

I love this so much!!! All the details are perfect, and I totally agree about the amazing porthole. It’s already on my wall and looking fabulous!! <3

1 Like

wait…first time needle felting? wow…all the details and texture…and the frame…that knocks it out of the park…great job!

1 Like

No, not first time needle felting. I usually do 3d figures, but I’ve done maybe 3 flat pieces. But I’ve never done one in a hoop before, just on a flat piece of felt fabric. I enjoyed the structure of the hoop this time - I guess now I know why that’s a thing!

3 Likes

That is awesome

3 Likes

Holy crap this is cool!!! The porthole frame is next level awesome.

3 Likes

Yes! Make more! This is incredible. I love all details you added. So many tiny details. And they fact that it is so personalizes for Roler is amazing.

4 Likes

This is amazing!!! The porthole frame is the perfect touch.

2 Likes

It’s next level amazing.

2 Likes

This is so flippin’ awesome! Beautifully done. Your porthole frame totally puts an already fantastic hoop over the top.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Needle Felted Undersea Hoop is one of this week’s featured projects. You are amazing!

3 Likes

This is really really well done!

3 Likes

Absolute spectacular work! I love the layers and colors. And the movement made with the lighter blue.

The porthole was a clever touch.

2 Likes

Oh I love this so much, it is amazing :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!