Neon Evangelion resin 3d print

My daughter loves Neon Evagelion anime, so I made this 3d resin printed character. I printed each piece in black and the dry brushed in white to show the detail. There was so many pieces and it was a bit of a puzzle to glue together, but it turned out pretty good. Resin prints tend to be brittle but are incredibly easy to super glue together when they break. Thankfully only 1 finger had to be reattached… for now :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Very cool. How big is it?

1 Like

Thank you, its about 7 inches tall

Wow! That’s so cool. Is she going to paint it? We’ve enjoyed that series, but the ending is wack!
Makes me think that maybe we could 3D print some minis for one of our board games that has monsters as boring flat tokens. Does printing work better for larger pieces? I’m not familiar with it.

1 Like

This is so dang cool!

1 Like

Thank you, I dont think she will paint it. But she might change her mind later. There is 2 types of 3d printing, resin and PLA, resin is better for small pieces and pla for bigger. I started with a pla and then bought a resin printer. There are lots of youtube tutorials that helped me getting started

1 Like

Very cool! It really captures the movement.
I’m in the middle of watching this show.

1 Like

Wow! So intricate. Must have been so challenging to assemble.

1 Like

Wow! I bet she loved it!!!

1 Like

I’ll have to see what the libraries have for printers. I know at least two districts here have them and I happen to belong to both :grin:
Did you create the model yourself or is that something you can find and download into software?

1 Like

It is a file that can be bought and there are SO many different files available free and paid for.

1 Like

Exciting! thank you!

1 Like

Wow!!! This is absolutely amazing!!! I have the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga series and I’m so jealous. And the patience you must have to put the pieces together. This is truly awesome.

1 Like

It turned out really cool. The dry brushing really helps highlight the details.

1 Like

That’s amazing!! Such detailed work, wow!!

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! 3D printing looks really fun and seems to have so many applications.
Also, I love seeing anime stuff! :purple_heart:

1 Like