Nerd Games Discussion Thread

We had a lot of wind yesterday and today. The rain started earlier this afternoon. It’s supposed to get heavier a little later. But mostly it isn’t too bad in the inland upstate SC.

4 Likes

Glad to hear you all are staying safe! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Sorry I was so late! The beginning of October is tough on me, it’s my 3 5Ks weekend, and with everything going on the prompts just… yeah, I forgot. But they are up now! Spoop on, fellow nerds! (that will make sense when you see the prompts…)

5 Likes

Have you done the 5 Ks already? Or are you training?

1 Like

Did them this weekend, two yesterday at 9am and 4pm, and one this morning at 8am. I didn’t do very well this year, but I didn’t prepare much. Next year! :smiley:

5 Likes

I will close out the summer season tonight, so be sure to get any last minute prompts in! The.

The new season is up and running. There is the usual prompts, the advent is going on again, and there is the opportunity to earn new amazing enamel pins! So be sure to check it out, and encourage others to see what we’re up to in our amazing nerdiness :nerd_face: :hearts:

3 Likes

I love the prompts for the new season! And, the advent prompts are always so fun! I refuse to say that I’m going to complete ALL the prompts, because lately, if I say that, I just can’t seem to manage it.

I do have plans for a solo craft weekend during the approaching long weekend, so I’m hoping to get a bunch of things made. Hopefully, I’ll be able to use most of them in upcoming prompts!

4 Likes

I made something before the prompts came out and unfortunately it fits. It’s a craft that didn’t work out. LOL

4 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season we had 11 active players! A total of 138 projects were posted.

Here is where each team stands:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Nurturing Druids 3 44 1300 433
Wizened Wizards 3 52 1600 533
Berserker Barbarians 5 42 1610 322

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

Congratulations to Team Wizened Wizards for your win this season!

Thank you for yet another fun season! The Fall Nerd Games have begun! Don’t forget to check out the additional Advent Prompts. A new one will be posted every Sunday! And definitely be sure to check out the enamel pins you can earn.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Has anyone guessed whodunnit yet? I’m still waiting for my final clues before I put in an official guess because the ever generous @Smeddley asked if I was REALLY SURE I wanted to put in my initial guess with a grimace emoji and told me I made a good choice when I decided to wait for my clues :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

2 Likes

For some reason, I simply cannot wrap my brain around it! Can I blame getting old? :laughing:

3 Likes

I made a list and checked off people as I eliminated them. Combined with the map, I think I have an idea! I am not confident. LOL!

2 Likes

Yep. I think I know who did it now. But I’m
Still waiting. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s like Nerd Games Clue!

3 Likes

As I didn’t post until the last day in still waiting for my prompts, hope it’s enough to guess right

2 Likes

I wanted to remind everyone about the challenge going on right now!

3 Likes

I am sorry I don’t have September clues out yet, I’m working on making sure everyone has the right mix to solve the murder (if you submitted enough projects), I’ll have them out by tomorrow at the latest, and you’ll have a week to get your answer in!

I know I always have an excuse, but my boss is leaving and we’re scrambling to get everything in order and work is actually work right now, and I’m mentally drained. Hopefully things will calm down soon!

4 Likes

Okay, I stayed up past my bedtime (I feel old that I’m usually in bed before 10pm during the week…) but I THINK I got all the clues out. Send me your guesses by October 14th (along with a shipping address if you want a prize).

I think the idea was solid, the execution was a bit lacking as it was a little too… MUCH. I will stick to EITHER a CYOA or a Mystery next time - both was a bit much, plus I messed up by having an extra choice in there I didn’t mean to! Live and learn.

The answer (and the rest of the story) will be posted here on the 15th.

5 Likes

I, for one, loved the mystery element. Thank you for all your hard work. I think I know who did it, just going to go back over the clues one more time to make sure.

5 Likes